[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /o/ this is my first visit to the board. I'm wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
Hello /o/ this is my first visit to the board.

I'm wanting to get into riding the 2 wheel freedom machine but I don't know where to start and I was wondering if some of you guys could give a newfag some help. My preferences will be green text.

>crotch rocket
>$3500 and under
>comfortable enough
>smooth
>>
Shop local Craigslist for a Suzuki SV650. Good starter.
>>
I got an enduro and put more street oriented tires on it as my first bike and I'd recommend it. It's comfortable, easy riding and easy to fix when you drop it, as a new rider you will drop your bike. Enduros are also usually cheap.
>>
>>17528531
Kawaiisaki 636
Hnnngda CBR 600 F4i

Lightweight, enough power, god-tier aftermarket support.
>>
Fucking faggot!!!
>>
>>17528541
You'll outgrow it.
Also keep the front wheel down or you starve the oil pump. That was the last straw for me.
>Muh midrange torque V-twin
What's so hard about keeping the revs up on a 600 I4? You have 14500 of them to play with... Just shift...
>>
>>17528598
>outgrow an SV650
nigger do you even race
>>
File: CBR600F4full.jpg (63KB, 360x249px) Image search: [Google]
CBR600F4full.jpg
63KB, 360x249px
>>17528564
CBR600 F4 or F4i is indeed a good suggestion, seconded. Not too weak or powerful, not too heavy, decently faired and quick, much more comfortable seating position as on even more hardcore sport bikes.
>>
>>17528598
>You'll outgrow it.
Not nearly as quick as some 250 faggotry that so many people insist on starting with. 650 isn't really slow.

>Also keep the front wheel down or you starve the oil pump
Is that so hard to do? This is only a real problem if you're some stunting toolbag.

>What's so hard about keeping the revs up on a 600 I4?
650 is better for beginners. You act like I'm saying a CBR600 is garbage or something...
>>
>>17528659
How much do dealers usually price them (probably going to use Craigslist but just curious) I going to consider it I've looked at a few in the past and they seem pretty nice.
>>
If you can afford the insurance of a 600 4cyl then pick your favorite and just take it easy, they all perform similarly.
>t. was quoted 8k/yr for a 600 despite a clean record and two years riding

That being said I second >>17528559 cause that's what I started on.
>cheap insurance
>so light you physically can't drop it
>even if you did nothing would break
>won't be going fast enough to get cheese-grated in the event a retard creams you
>>
>>17528668
Can't speak for the US, but the F4 and F4i generations are 10-15 years old now and probably won't be very pricey. Here in Germany they're right between 1500 and 3500 eurobucks.
>>
>>17528722
I'm open-minded to anything right now. I've been trying to figure out a place to start and these will give me an idea. >Thanks
>>
Not OP, but what's a good supermoto? I want a fast bike that I can hop curbs etc no problemo :-)
>>
>>17528750
drz400 for one that won't break all the time like a husky or ktm.
>>
File: 20170303_152250.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_152250.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>17528734
>>17528750
DRZ 400Sm.
>reliable
>drop it and dgaf
>wheelies easy
>fun in corners

I ride a 2005 gsxr 600, and though the speed is fun, I think a supermoto would actually be better for canyon carving.

The sumo also will have cheap insurance and the throttle response won't get you in trouble, yet will keep you satisfied. Couple that with their bomb proof nature, and you have a great beginner bike.
>>
OP

And gear recommendations too?

>comfortable
>protection not overwhelming
>decent price
>>
>>17528770
>>17528787
Do these get stolen a lot? I don't have a garage.
>>
>>17528833
Kevlar jeans, boots at least over ankles, leather jacket, gloves, helmet. Not stormtrooper-tier ATGATT, but not suicide-tier under-protection.
Been riding since forever, seen drivers do some stupid-ass shit. Doesn't matter how careful you are, once in a while (if you daily) someone will spill your ass... And once in a while they will try and you'll have to charge a mirror toll...
>>
>>17528834
Lock it up thru the frame to something rigid. Get an alarm lock. Thieves nab easy targets. Just make it not worth the trouble and you'll deter 99% of would-be thieves.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.