[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>was going to trade for mk3 supra >fuel line snapped today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed (1).jpg (141KB, 768x1023px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
141KB, 768x1023px
>was going to trade for mk3 supra
>fuel line snapped today
how hard/ much of a pain in the ass would this be?
>>
isnt that the fuel pump?

if so have fun
>>
looks like you'd have to replace your sending unit unless you want to attempt a ghetto repair with fuel hose and hose clamps on what you've got left.

shits rusty as fuck. I've had issues pulling fuel pumps on 10 year old mitsus because "LOL ONTARIO SALT". That shit looks gnarly.
>>
I'm not entirely sure what I'm look at here, but if that hard line was connected to a rubber line (like the other two in the picture), you would just need to a longer line to bridge the gap.
>>
>>17526004
the gas tank is already dropped so i guess thats the hard part down
>>
>>17526012
well this is an 88 supra. an ohio car too so that kinda explains it
>>
>>17525976
>clean tank
>pull fuel pump out
>put new fuel pump in
>reinstall tank

Won't have to worry about fuel delivery.
Might as well do the fuel filter and check the rest of your lines.
>>
I've done one of these, I just brazed on a new AN hose fitting with an oxy/acetylene torch and sent it, you might wanna just buy an entirely new sending unit tho unless you happen to have an oxy/acetylene setup on hand.
You could also put an ISO flare on the end of the broken line and then use rubber hose and a hose clamp, kinda janky tho esp if it's the pressure line and not the return line.
>>
>>17526123
Also, judging by how rusty and corroded that is you should just buy a new sending unit instead of trying to fix it, it'll just break again and burn the car down and kill somebody.
>>
>>17525976
>going to trade it
Superglue it or something.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.