[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm about to pull the trigger on either of these. Most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: zptq6l80m8umcsk95reb.jpg (68KB, 800x273px) Image search: [Google]
zptq6l80m8umcsk95reb.jpg
68KB, 800x273px
So I'm about to pull the trigger on either of these. Most likely going to get the 2nd gen if I can afford it, but if not, 1st gen it is. It will not be an STI, but will be a WRX (or GT in case of 1st gen)

Can anyone redpill me on these cars? Which gen is the better one? Especially when it comes to reliability? Comfort is a decent thing too.
>>
>>17525785
>redpill me
Kill you are self
>>
>>17525785
>redpill
I think you mean redline me
>>
>>17525785
I'm in a similar boat, the bugeye WRX is pretty much better in every way, but I'm absolutely in love with the GC coupe. I've seen several STI-swapped GCs for WRX prices but buying a swapped car is real scary because there are so many things that could be wrong with it that you'd never notice even when you inspect it thoroughly.
>>
>>17525785
If you're into doing the work yourself get the first Gen way better and cooler.

If you don't do work yourself get the second Gen wrx and keep it stock
>>
>>17525966
>If you're into doing the work yourself get the first Gen way better and cooler.
It only really looks better. Doesn't even have more power.
>>
>>17525785
only worth getting the a GD if you can get an STI with 6spd, brembos etc, unsure if that model made it to the US. Otherwise get a GC8 (first gen). Comfort and reliability are silly things, forsake them.
>>
>>17526416
>Comfort and reliability are silly things, forsake them.
So if GC isn't reliable then I might as well just get the GD?
>>
Not OP here, but is it even worth considering Subaru if I can't afford neither WRX not STI ?
>>
>tfw every WRX on the market in a decent price has fucked up engine bearings

What is up with Subaru and engine bearings? Apparently the cost of fixing these is INSANE.

>>17526431
Depends on what you're looking for. The n/a Subarus give you dat nice AWD and are relatively reliable, unlike turbo ones. But don't expect great power out of it.
>>
>>17526419
any subie is only going to be reliable if it has been well-maintained. they are very sensitive to oil not being changed etc - will run bearings. if you're that ambivalent between the two of them then get the one with the better service history and lower kms
>>
>>17526440
Is there any particular difference between the two gens when it comes to reliability and comfort?
>>
>>17526448
reliability i don't think so - the design of the EJ20 engine remained fundamentally unchanged for more than two decades

in terms of comfort the GD is probably comfier just because it's a bigger, heavier car

although you've gotta remember, this is 4chan and I'm some random cunt from a different continent to you - do you really trust my opinion?
>>
>>17526435
I'm look for something that's fast, reliable and fun, but I guess getting all of that with my budget isn't really possible.
I was thinking about getting that Subaru and doing a swap for more PS, but I don't know how possible it would be
At the same time if I plan to tune/swap it might just be a better idea to get a Civic
(I'm not thinking about rwd too much since roads in winter aren't cleaned too much and tend to have black ice on them)
>>
>>17526476
Looking*
>>
>>17526476
>>17526481
Same here, but I'm after an AWD with 200+hp and I can't really afford an Evo.
>>
>>17526416
Americans only got the '04-'07 GD Sedans. Theirs was basically a Spec C chassis + EJ257 from the Forester XTs.

>>17526476
Just look for a new as possible STi in the nicest condition possible. These cars rust out quick in the winter anyways.
>>
>>17526532
As I said, my budget is on Civic tier (up to 4k $), there's no way I can afford a STI in condition in which I won't have to pump 4 times more into it.
>>
Gc8 GT owner here. Its lighter, faster and looks better than a GD wrx. 276000km on it and soon 20k km by me. No problems
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.