[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For someone who isn't too saavy with vehichles, are saabs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0070.jpg (61KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.jpg
61KB, 730x411px
For someone who isn't too saavy with vehichles, are saabs a good purchase? I'm checking out an ad for a 1999 9-3 SE for about $2000

130k miles
4 cylinder turbo
30+ mpg

The ad insists that he's taken very good care of oil changes and tune ups. It just passed inspection. I don't know what they are but the ad claims that the undercarriage and dog legs are spotless, saying that they're both common issues for Saabs, so im pretty inclined to trust the person.

There isn't anything wrong with it apparently, the only problem I've come across is that they might be expensive to fix and replace parts? or that it might be hard to find someone to work on it. Aside from that the car seems very nice, but I'm not sure if somehing newer would be better for the long-run. I'm not looking for anything fancy
>>
>>17521696
Saabs aren't bad cars they were just terribly marketed with their far fetched comparisons to fighter jets and then when the company was purchased by GM it got ran into the ground.

>inb4 GM spergposting

9-3 is a solid commuter car and definitely more interesting than a 3k civic.
>>
Nice and reliable but once something needs to be replaced you're going to spend more money then you bought the car for
>>
>>17521696
auto or manual?
>>
>>17522145
auto
>>
>>17521696
>There isn't anything wrong with it apparently, the only problem I've come across is that they might be expensive to fix and replace parts? or that it might be hard to find someone to work on it. Aside from that the car seems very nice, but I'm not sure if somehing newer would be better for the long-run. I'm not looking for anything fancy

The company is now defunct so finding parts will be an extraordinary hassle, unless you're an enthusiast of the brand, I would get something else.
>>
>>17522161
garbage. get a manual instead. or just get a manual civic for 3k.
>>
>>17521696
Dont do it, you can find parts ok because of autozone/internet but theyll be expensive. And if you ever need a dealer-only service prepare that lube.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.