[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were given compete oversight of an auto company allowing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1490653258100.jpg (55KB, 568x639px) Image search: [Google]
1490653258100.jpg
55KB, 568x639px
If you were given compete oversight of an auto company allowing you to do whatever you please, what would you do? Ill start

GM
>No more infighting or protection of the corvette
>bring back pontiac and make it dedicated to performance cars
>Bring back the fiero. Have them continue where they left off
>bring back the grand prix, but make it a light weight coupe with a twin tarbo Atlas I6 and a 6spd
>GTO to rival the Challenger. Classic styling and a with a 454 or a supercharged 502
>Bring the Firebird back and have it use the alpha chassis. Let them go wild with it
>4 door sedan to be the successor to the Commodore and SS
>GMC revives the Syclone by making a single cab short bed canyon and slapping a turbo onto the 3.6 with 4wd
>typhoon to be based off of the GMC Acadia
>corvette goes mid engine
>Bring back the SS truck to be the successor of the 91-93 C1500 SS 454. Take a crate 454 and pop it into a 1500. Only be had in regular or extended cab.
>bring back the Blazer to be a small 2 door offroad SUV based off the colorado powered by the 3.6
>offer the impala as a coupe
>Make an Impala SS powered by the LT1 with a 4wd system
>bring back the Chevelle and Skylark name plates. Have them be full body on frame muscle cars powered by the LT1, 4, or a new 454.
>Chevy Cruze gets a more powerful turbo engine with 300+ hp, real 4wd, and the Z24 nameplate.
>Bring back the Nova with a high revving 305
>camaro continues being the camaro
>bring back the 5.7 LT5
>>
>>17520809
>subaru
shut it down.
>>
File: IMG_2548.jpg (775KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2548.jpg
775KB, 1600x1200px
>>17520809
>bring back the Chevelle and Skylark
Oh boy. My dad had a 72 Skylark convertible back when he was stationed in Hawaii. Give me a new one, pic related blue with a white top, and I'll be your personal slave.
>>
>454 and 502

Have you met our good friend California? They would like a word with you...
>>
Mid-engined vette with an updated LT5 would be bretty cool. Perhaps a new LT comparable to the Voodoo
>>
>>17520809
Chrysler
>Ram becomes part of Dodge again
>New Dodge Dakota for small truck
>Bring back Plymouth as the entry level brand
>Kill the soccer mom Jeeps
>New Jeep truck
>Return of the Chrysler 200
Any other ideas?
>>
>>17521733
No no no, you're not thinking like a Chrysler exec.
>kill SRT
>create a compact car on a Fiat platform
>create a midsize car on the same Fiat platform
>create a Jeep crossover on the same Fiat platform
>put the same Fiat engine in every vehicle regardless of how well it suits the vehicle
>reskin a Fiat crossover as a compact Jeep
Done, this'll surely turn the company around.
>>
>>17521697
Dude, my dad also had a '72 Skylark, but with 2 door/4 seat hardtop in green. That car was the second car I ever drove and it was great.

He then moved on to a Continental Mk V, which he didn't like as much because of how boaty it was.
>>
>>17520809
>body on frame

That shit is dead for a reason
>>
>>17521794
>dead
the top 3 vehicles sold are all body on frame
>>
>>17520809
Good thing you're not a GM exec.
>>
File: Great-Wall-Logo.jpg (125KB, 1650x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Great-Wall-Logo.jpg
125KB, 1650x1120px
>>17520809
GM
>Shut down US production
>import and re-badge Great Wall Motors models
>Promote buy American and MAGA
>profit
>>
Any company
Make some simple, cheap and boxy cars. Same model with a bunch of engine options (1l - 6l, automatic, manual).
>>
>>17520809
Anyone, pls
>2 liter V12 grand tourer for under 60k
>>
Toyota
>Change the styling of the Corolla to be less sporteh
>Create lightweight barebones option of the Corolla
>Offer a performance variant of the current Corolla engine as an option for all trim levels
>Bring back the supra with a twin turbo 3jz. Doesn't need be especially light but 500+HP
>Bring back MR2 as a proper poor man's Ferrari with turbo option
>Update Scion TC and rerelease it as Celica with an updated 2zz engine with optional tubrocharger and AWD.
>Recreate all of the Lexus front ends to not be stupid.
>Tell the Lexus engineers to build something amazing like the LFA but find ways to keep costs down so we can mass produce a supercar like Audi did with the R8.
>Push Lexus to focus on ride quality, and interiors instead of sport (besides LFA successor)
>Update the 4runner and RAV4 with more powerful engine options and lift/off-road suspensions options like the Tacoma.
>Recreate the Previa with great weight distribution and an updated supercharged 2zz still in the middle. Continue to offer a manual option. Continue to offer an AWD option.
>Create performance versions of all the Yaris. Name the performance hatchback the Yaris Starlet and offer it with the same NA performance engine in the Corolla and Celica. Also offer an AWD turbo version.

Sales would increase:
>Lexus: as the cars would gain popularity among business men.
>Lexus supercars brings media attention
>Stripped Corollas offer cheap reliable transportation to the young masses along with an affordable engine upgrade for a great cheap daily
>Sports car fans would flock as there is something for everyone
>Normies still buy up the upgraded Corollas and unchanged Camry
>Previa offers a fun option for Dads who are forced to drive a minivan
>Off-road community would flock as Toyota is well known and upgrade versions of the 4Runner and RAV4 would excite them

You could honestly do so much crossing over with this shit too and it wouldn't be that expensive.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.