[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 2 CEL went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: o2c.jpg (116KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
o2c.jpg
116KB, 800x600px
P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 2 CEL went on for about a day and after a drive or two it went off. As soon as it went on I went ahead and bought another O2 sensor to replace it. Now I'm thinking about just returning it since it's been off for about 4-5 days now.

It's the sensor located at the bottom of the car as shown in the picture.

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

I could use the 100 bucks from returning the sensor, but I'd rather avoid any long term damage.
>>
>>17518610
You could check the resistance of the sensor. I would just replace it. They will go sooner or later but if the resistance is fine you can wait. If you do replace it use penetrating oil mine wouldn't come off with a breaker bar and i felt like I was going to break something on the exhaust.
>>
>>17518633

Yeah screw it I'd rather just replace it than go down there and check resistance yada yada.

Appreciate the help :) Noted on the oil.
>>
>>17518610
B1S2 is a Catalyst Efficiency sensor and the code means the sensor reporting was out of range for the conditions. This could be due to the sensor or could be due to the cat being a pos.

Bear in mind that once a code is set it takes a LOT longer for it to clear itself than it did to set it so based on that I'd say you're not totally in the clear but it may not rear it's ugly head again for thousands of miles. Or it could come back on next trip. No way of knowing.
>>
>>17518661

Oh shit I hope not. How much do you think that'll run me to fix?

I googled around and found my car to be at the usual age people start complaining of cat conv problems.

RIP
>>
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0139
Check this out.
>>
>>17518610
I am confused by your statements. You say you have an O2 sensor failure. You confirmed the failure of the O2 sensor. You purchased a replacement sensor. Now you wish to return the function sensor and operate without a functioning sensor?

You have competed the repair and restored functionality to your vehicle and now you want to revert your vehicle to a non functioning state?

Is this an American idea I don't comprehend? The repair is complete and successful. Am I missing something?
>>
>>17518741
He didn't do anything. He just bought a sensor and before it was installed the light went out.

>>17518721
If you're not in a emissions testing area I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just use some black tape over the light lol. If it's going to have to be fixed that's a whole can of worms that gets opened up because of the difficulty in determining the cat is the problem and not something else like the O2, or an injector, or a MAF, or a thermostat, or a,... You see what I'm getting at.

But let's not borrow trouble and just go ahead and take the sensor back. Who knows you may not even have the car the next time that code sets.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.