[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Correct me if I'm wrong, and this might have been answered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2015f150.jpg (1MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2015f150.jpg
1MB, 2048x1360px
Correct me if I'm wrong, and this might have been answered long ago, but isn't towing something with a 2015+ F150 slightly less safe than a 2014- F150?

The 2015 F150 (And now other manufacturers) went to aluminum to save weight to increase the payload/towing/MPG numbers, right? But by decreasing the weight of the truck, you're reducing the amount of momentum the truck itself applies on the trailer when towing something. Doesn't this mean that the weight of the trailer can more easily affect the truck because the truck will overall weigh less?

Ex: If a strong wind gust hits the side of a trailer being towed by a pre-15 F150, the additional weight of the F150's steel construction will keep the trailer/truck combo more stable than an aluminum constructed F150.
>>
Are you a jerkoff? Cuz this is masterbait.
>>
>>17510644
Just like if you dump cargo in the bed of an aluminum truck, it'll puncture holes in the bed, right?

Don't believe the Chevy marketing about this shit, they're just playing catch-up and have been getting BTFO for what seems like forever.
>>
>>17510644
My KW T680 weighs 10 tons.

One of our Great Dane reefers weighs 8 tons empty.

Average load is around 45,000lbs or a tick over 20 tons.

Trailer and load will then be 28 tons which quite handily outweighs the tractor by almost three times. I don't think a crummy aluminum bed will make a damn bit of difference for towing with an F150.
>>
>>17510669
No, not sure if I'm just looking too far into this. I love the 2015 F150 and the idea of aluminum construction, but it seems to make sense that since it weighs less, it would be less stable. Only SLIGHTLY, but still a factor.
>>
>>17510682
Would you be willing to buy one and demonstrate if it isn't the case? Aluminum beds is just another step towards pleasing pavement princess little-dicked manlets. It's a terrible idea if it's gonna be used even moderately for work or anything other than an over glorified grocery getter.
>>
>>17511478
Who the fuck buys a truck to use like that and DOESN'T put a bed liner in it?

Chevy bullshitted that commercial and will be eating their own foot when they make the switch to aluminum
>>
>>17510644
Still no answer to OP's question
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.