[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have had anxiety issues and Havent been on the freeway in 8-9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1499348903342.jpg (41KB, 486x437px) Image search: [Google]
1499348903342.jpg
41KB, 486x437px
Have had anxiety issues and Havent been on the freeway in 8-9 years. and for the most part drive only very locally nowadays. ie usually no firther than 10km away from home. and even then only very specific places.

I decided this year i am going to try and break that anxiety and will be driving to a place that is 55km away from me and about an hours drove away.

I want to feel that freedom a lot of people have where they can take themselves anywhere. despite driving for nearly 10 years I have never felt this and always felt trapped to my anxiety issues. have no friends anymore because over the years i kept declining invites to go out because I was scared to drive to unfamiliar places and too far from home

Im pretty nervous. got any tips for me to keep calm and not fuck shit up.

I have autistically studied the path on Google's maps and ofc will have Google maps running on the phone while I drive whilst also following my brother who will be in another car.

despite this im still kind of nervous.

also I have never merged on the freeway in a manual car which I have been driving for the past 6 months. got any tips for that too? should I stay in 4th gear until I am full merged then switch up to 5th. (I'm guessing more to pick up speed or slow down as needed) or should I be in 5th by the time i have merged?
>>
>Grow the fuck up.
Driving isn't dangerous if you are aware. Realize that, plan ahead, avoid accident
>>
File: rapefugees.jpg (172KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
rapefugees.jpg
172KB, 1600x900px
OP pic is hilarious
>>
>>17508492
Had to google it, it's actually real
>>
>>17508492
Ikr, hitchiking around in a wedding dress by yourself in countries well known for sexism and oppression.

>Wah, don't eat the cupcake on the bench, you silly wild animals
>>
What? Freeways are way easier to drive than local roads though. No retarded brats or cyclists around.
>>
I used to be the same op, it's a matter of slowly branching out and conditioning yourself to it to the point where it feels the norm. With me, I had terrible social anxiety, and I landed a job in the city which forced me to condition myself, and over time I overcame it. Go for the drive, you'll feel much better afterwards.
>>
>>17508525
>feel much better

Only if you survive, remember that OP
>>
>>17508503
>>17508504

>cause of death: strangling

wow. very personal and scary way to go
>>
>>17508574
Stabbed with a knife isn't?
>>
>>17508423
I drive two hours every day and it's nearly all highway.
I recommend not going during rush hour traffic, some time in the morning after the am traffic and before the pm traffic, or very late at night.
Also the worst part of freeway driving is getting on the freeway, or the streets before the freeway, once you've merged and coasting there is nearly nothing to worry about. Merging is also not very scary, just check your blind spot and behind your car then try to place yourself in between any cars you're merging with, most of the time people are willing to let you in, or they'll switch lanes to avoid you. Some assholes will probably gas it to stay ahead, so just keep going the same speed or slow down a little to stay predictable. Also if there is traffic and the whole freeway goes from full speed to 0 remember that you're going 2 times faster than normal so the car needs more room to stop, avoid braking too late.

Streets are honestly way worse than freeways, any retarded can handle this, idk why I bothered to write this out.
>>
>>17508423
>I drive whilst also following my brother who will be in another car.
kek. do it by yourself faggot. you don't need a sperg support team there.
>>
What kind of 3rd world shithole do you live in OP?
An hour to drive 55km (34 miles for the only parts of the world that matter) is ridiculous.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.