[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 92 Cadillac DeVille's 4.9 isn't what it used to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

My 92 Cadillac DeVille's 4.9 isn't what it used to be. How hard would it be to transplant an LS into the body and swap the tranny out for a standard shift?

If not the LS, then what would be a good block?
>>
>>17507299

you could get a faster more reliable car for less money it would take to do that, unless your a mechanic
>>
>>17507441
I want to perform an engine swap in my car. I like my car. Your answer means nothing to me.
>>
>>17507299
>transplant an LS
You'd be looking at a 2008 or so Impala SS swap since it's the only FWD LS install GM did.

>manual
Virtually unpossible. I suppose you could bodge it together using a transaxle from a Cavalier or something and make some adapter abortion to mate that to the LS engine but the durability wouldn't even be as good as the already abysmal 4T65E imo. The clutch pedal assembly would be completely custom work.

Alternatively you could fire up the sawzall and cut in a trans tunnel to make the thing RWD but there's not enough engine compartment depth for that so you'll have to cut into the firewall and that'll completely fuck the hvac system. A straight rear axle would be easiest to do though I suppose you could use an IRS set up from something like a MN12/FN10 Ford or maybe a 03-04 Cobra set up.

Waaay more effort than it would ever be worth.
>>
File: IMG_20170701_162728~2.jpg (2MB, 3963x1926px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_162728~2.jpg
2MB, 3963x1926px
Just get a more modern Cadillac with the LS and manual already in it. Plus Brembos.
>>
>>17507299
Youre honestly just better off getting a different car.

Any project youre looking at will cost you thousands upon thousands and countless hours of time.

If you like the Caddies styling just scoop a Northstar. Far better looking than the 80s models and 100 more hp out the box.

Northstars get a bad wrap but theyre damn good cars and having owned a 4900 and N*, most DIY jobs are actually easier on the N*
>>
>>17507963
Those aren't floaty though.
>>
>>17507967
This.
>>
>>17507970
Remove strut bar, sway bars, buy shitty shocks. ??? Profit
>>
>>17507967
Came to say this.

Get a last gen Eldorado OP. Waaaay better looking than your Deville and much much faster. You get a car with classic styling that can actually keep up with traffic.
>>
>>17508006
I never have issue keeping up with traffic with my 92. 200hp is still more than most compacts you see.
>>
>>17507902
The ls4 in the Monte Carlo is fwd.
>>
>>17507299
Summer is here
>>
>>17508019
The 4 9 is Torquay from a dig but gives out at 35, where the Northstar just starts to get moving.
>>
>>17508028
Monte, impala, Gxp and some Buicks I think.

Tbh, im with >>17508006 this guy though

Id much rather go with an Eldo than a LS4 Chevy. Styling is a huge factor and Id rather replace Headgaskets once than transmissions seasonally.
>>
>>17507902
>FWD LS

Disgusting
>>
>>17507967
>get a Northstar
>tfw my first car was a Northstar STS and it blew a head gasket a year later before getting rear ended and totalled

Can't say I'd recommend it, if I could go back in time I would've got a c4 corvette and just had my low mileage LS for 5k with no hassle. Which, btw, is what I'm doing now, 3 cars later. Should've just done it to begin with. Engine swaps are too hard.
>>
>>17507299
TF is Merkel up to now
>>
>>17508945
C4 has the iron block LT1, not the LS series
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.