[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My local car wash is offering unlimited washes of their highest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

My local car wash is offering unlimited washes of their highest tier wash for $20 a month. It's right next to my house and basically on the way to everything so I'm debating trying it out and using it daily. It's a tunnel wash but it's brand new and fancy as fuck.

I know hand wash is better but this seems way too convenient. My question is, is washing it that frequently bad for the scotchgard clear coat or anything else?
>>
>>17506896
>highest tier wash for $20 a month
+doubt
>>
>>17506896
Probably yes.

If its a shitbox though that you really don't see yourself hanging on to long term then it probably would be worth it.
>>
>>17506910
Same, but I tried it out at the regular per wash price of $13 and it wasn't bad at all. Used like 5-6 different types of foam, like 10 different brushes and a lot of power washing. Includes polish, sealer wax and weather guard wax, blow dry and towel dry. Also power washes wheels, wells, and underside.
>>
>>17506968
Then go for it.
>>
>>17506896
I used to go to a nice mechanical wash near to me but I started barely seeing horizontal brush marks around the bumper.

I knew someone who did this. If you have to have a clean car and can make it worth it (go more than a few times a month) then go for it.
>>
>>17506974
That's my thing, I can definitely make it worth it because I live so close by and I use my car for work so it'd be nice if it was always clean but I'm wondering if all that power washing and all the chemicals would be bad for daily use. Also uses mag-chloride remover.
>>
>>17506896
if its a shitbox, thats fine

but if the car is worth a shit, dont ever let anyone touch your car unless you want fucked up paint and swirl marks
>>
Using it daily sounds like a good way to fuck up the paint
>>
>>17507016
Not really a shitbox, but not brand-new either. It's an '06 explorer limited I bought from a friend that inherited it from his grandma who kept it garaged and only put 9,000 miles on it through last year. The paint looks factory new pretty much because of that garage lyfe and the scotchgard paint protection. That's the only thing I'm really worried about.
>>
>>17506896

Tunnel...and touchless? Or with those beater rag things?
>>
>>17507005
Like I said, I started barely noticing horizontal scuff marks on the bumper from the big spinning brushes. The light had to catch it just right, too. I think it's a painted plastic bumper too, so I don't know if it's easier to scratch up?

I was questioning how well the machine detects the contours of cars too.

It happened on the 2nd or 3rd trip, too, so you should know soon if the brushes will cause damage.
>>
>>17507035
If by beater rags you mean those rotating brushes then yes, but from what I saw they seem relatively gentle.

>>17507039
I'll keep an eye out. Looks aight so far. As far as contour mapping, I counted at least 5 different sensors and cameras as you enter and it seems to do a pretty good job because it wraps around completely and cleans and dries the 5th door pretty nicely.
>>
>>17507031
No offense but that's a shitbox.

Granted a high quality reliable shitbox.
>>
File: IMG.jpg (644KB, 1440x2460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
644KB, 1440x2460px
>>17507071
Fair enough. It definitely doesn't look or drive like a shitbox though, with it's 9,000 miles and it's garage life. That V8 is untouched. Also has every single option available at the time for a Limited, which is stuff that some 2017 cars don't even have. And at $3,500 paid I really can't complain.
>>
File: 3e9.png (698KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
3e9.png
698KB, 600x640px
>>17506968
>10 diff brushes
>>
>>17507190
Pretty sure yeah. At least 6. It foams, and then power washes 3 different times while your car moves through on the convayor.
>>
>>17506968
If you don't care about the finish of your car, or keeping your car 100% clean then go for it like >>17506918 said

But keep in mind that a lot of those automatic car washes use acid based cleaners in the soap to cut grime fast and that can harm the paint/wheels. It'll also probably strip your car of any wax/sealants that it once had.

>>17507061
>but from what I saw they seem relatively gentle.
I can guarantee you that if you grab a relatively low intensity flashlight and go look out at your car's paint you'll see swirls and scratches from those brushes. No matter how soft or gentle they may appear or claim to be, the grime remaining on them from other vehicles will scratch your car.

If you don't care that's fine, but by no means will it look nice.
>>
>>17507243
I looked anon and I looked really really close. Nothing so far. I don't think the brushes themselves would cause any damage. I am worried about some shit from another car or even my own causing damage as it gets slid across the paint though.
>>
>>17506968
>brushes
Car washes with brushes still exist?
Every one I've seen recently is pressure washer based.
>>
>>17507268
if you use the wash daily, your car will accumulate scratches and swirls quickly. If you only have 9k miles on it why wouldn't you just wash it by hand and maintain its finish?
>>
the auto washes that use rotating drums is pretty bad for your paint. they pick up shit from every other car and scratch it against your paint.
touchless washes are better in that it only uses water pressure to wash, the downside is they usually dont clean as well as the former type washes.
also, something can be said about harsh detergents and repeated exposure to pressurized water, especially concerning plastics and rubber trim
>>
>>17507312
Well, I use the car for work so there is value in it always looking clean. I can't be washing it by hand every day. I guess I'm kind of betting on the scotchgard clear coat protecting it from all that shit. Idk though, I'll see. I guess that's why I came here to ask for opinions.
>>
>>17507341
>I can't be washing it by hand every day
That's not really what I meant. If you wash your car once a week it should stay clean for a week until your next wash and be presentable

Why do you feel the need to wash it every day? Do you drive down a dirt road daily or something similar?
>>
>>17507423
Not really. Tbh the paint doesn't get visibly dirty for a while, it's the glass that gets dirty easily, especially because it's tinted so it's easy to see. That's really the only thing that needs to be washed frequently, and because I'm a lazy ass I figure if I have to do that, I'd rather just auto wash the whole thing.

Idk though, I'm kinda having second thoughts.
>>
>>17506896
Don't do it if it's cobblestone.

I did, and what they do is run the minimum car wash on you if you go often and your car isn't too dirty, even though you're paying for the maximum. It probably says in small print somewhere they'll run the maximum once in the month and then it's up to them to decide what your car needs. I saw on the computer screen when I was bitching at them for not canceling it what washes they gave me. They ran the minimum wash on me all the time when I had the monthly membership. Given that I went about once a week it was cheaper or the same as my monthly payment to pay for the washes.

Now, what I also noticed after. Go during rush hour when there's a line and order the $3 wash, they wont turn it to the $3 wash, and you'll get the maximum they're running for everyone.
>>
>>17507496
I'd just spend the $20 on car washing materials
>mitt
>soap
>detail spray/wax
and wash your car once a week, honestly it'll be enough and will probably save you money in the long run $20 a month is $240 dollars a year. It'll also look better than the auto-wash
>>
>>17507580
>cobblestone
I fucking hate this company. There was a nice hand wash only car wash a few minutes from my house that got bought out by these fucks. That hand wash place was a great place to go if I was pressed for time or just wanted a quick wash and couldn't do it myself. No machines and the employees knew exactly how to wash a car. Now Cockstone comes in and installs there automatic scrape machines.
>>
Sick blog post, you got a website I can link to an RSS feed?
>>
>>17508398
yeah, 1800online.com
>>
>>17507174
Honestly with it being that mint, myself, I'd just hand wash it regularly and keep it waxed. It's nothing special, but that's mint as fuck, why not keep it that way.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.