[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a new job and need to buy my first new car. Driving an RSX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 7032.jpg (243KB, 950x450px) Image search: [Google]
7032.jpg
243KB, 950x450px
Got a new job and need to buy my first new car. Driving an RSX Type S right now that has a couple problems and could save some money switching from premium to regular. Live in Canada and I think winter snow will be the worst problem I have. Looking to finance over 5 years with a budget of about $30-35k CAD.

Should I go for a 1 year old vehicle and save a few grand or buy brand new? I was looking at AWD vehicles and all there is are shitty crossovers that don't have a whole lot of power or similarly shitty cars. Interested in manual hatches. Just looking for some advice. Will a FWD hatch with great winter tires be decent compared to an AWD with winters?

Driving tasks will be about 80 minute round trips on grid roads daily and winter and snow for at least 6 months of the year.
>>
>>17501731
1 year old and save $5K
>>
>>17501746

Is that your final answer?
>>
Why not fix whatever problem you have with your car to save yourself more money?
>>
>>17501871

Don't think it would fair too well in the winter, I've only driven it for the last couple of months. Ground clearance of less than 6 inches, it's light, not the greatest on gas. I guess I could wait and see how it does on the first snow fall, but I have a feeling something worse will go wrong with it. Need something reliable.
>>
You don't need to buy new and if you do, it'll take decades of using regular gas to become more economical than keeping the RSX.

But anyways. If you like performance, an Evo X or a 2008-2015 ralliart would be pretty good. Still got to use premium but you get to keep your man card.
>>
>>17502001

Lancers seem expensive for what you get. I guess I'll do some looking around.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.