[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For an Amerikek, Is there a better wagon in terms of maintenance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ford-taurus-wagon-199699-1.jpg (223KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
ford-taurus-wagon-199699-1.jpg
223KB, 1200x900px
For an Amerikek, Is there a better wagon in terms of maintenance costs/ease of upkeep/parts availability? I was looking at Subaru but for whatever reason people still want $5000+ for 200k+ miles ones with problems. I've also heard Subaru a shit to work on.

Should I buy a Taurus?
>>
>>17500576
no. get a volvo v70 or 2/7/9xx wagon.
>>
>>17500576
Taurus a best if you want a 90s station wagon. More fuel efficient than the Caprice/Roadmaster, more reliable than the endless parade of K-cars, cheaper than some meme-taxed oriental box, and easier to work on than Yuroshit.
>>
>>17500576
>Should I buy a Taurus?
Sure, they are notorious for their depreciation so you won't get burned too badly on price
Whatever you do, don't buy a yurowagon like volvo
You will get raped to death on the cost of parts
At least if the taurus breaks down you can find parts due to the number of fleet sales Ford used make to rental agencies
you might look into the Malibu Maxx also if you want a cheap wagon
>>
Get a Volvo. Audi Allroad isn't too bad either.
>>
>>17500615

This is good to hear. Not that this era of Ford is known for greatness, but I still see tons of these Tauruses out on the roads all the time so that's gotta be a testament to something.

>>17500616

Parts availability is my main concern. If the engine/gearbox goes, I want to know I can drop less than $1000 to get a whole new unit. That's not something I could do with a Subaru/Volvo/etc. IDGAF about "build quality" or the interior being garbage, I'd rather have a parts pool that can last the next 15 years.

Malibu Maxx looks interesting too, it almost looks like a regular sedan with a hatch haphazardly slapped on it.
>>
>>17500576
I like my 2002 vulcanshit Taurus and that any auto parts store has parts for it in stock. My local junkyard has "gm" "ford" "chrysler" sections but devotes and entire section to "Taurus/Sable"

I bought it for $499 with a seized a/c clutch, put an a/c bypass belt on it and drove it home. I put a junkyard compressor + new a/c clutch on it, replaced its oil pan gasket, changed out the overfilled, dirty transmission fluid and now it's a fine beater.
>>
Post your local craigslist.
>>
>>17500791
Nice anecdote, dude
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.