[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lexus GS300 mk2 2JZ-GE: friends say: >ugly >looks like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Lexus GS300 mk2 2JZ-GE:

friends say:

>ugly
>looks like corolla
>boring
>for old people
>buy bmw or audi instead
>it's not a car for polack

i think:

>reliable
>cheap maintenance
>comfortable
>that meme 3.0 R6 engine
>great tranny
>interior design
>mark levinson
>easy to turn into sleeper

who is right, /o/?

well, never mind, i just bought one and it's great. i don't experience panic attacks while driving no more.
>>
>easy to turn into sleeper
Wrong, the 2JZ-GE is different from the 2JZ-GTE in the Aristo and Supra Turbo, and has weaker internals. You can't just slap a turbo on it and expect to make the same power as a Supra, you'll either have to swap in an actual Supra Turbo engine (rare because no one wants to gut a Supra Turbo) or do an excessive effort upgrading the internals before you can turbocharge it.

Nevertheless it's fantastic value and unites Toyota reliability and repair costs with nearly Mercedes level ride comfort. Just don't expect to build a 600 hp sleeper out of it.

>buy bmw or audi instead
>it's not a car for polack
Tell your gopnik friends that they're tasteless ugly Russians.
>>
its a boring granny car thats only good for VIP builds

and even then its the wimpy GS300 and not the GS400 so its not even really worth doing that to
>>
>>17500030
Your friends are stupid, GS300 a cute
>>
GS430 instead, forget about that 2JZ in this yacht of a car. Go full comfy.
>>
i always felt like lexus was a cheap mercedes knockoff

also, if you want to be a real polack, you get an old 90s mercedes, put a horseshoe on the grill and get a very furry cover for your drivers seat
>>
>>17500051
This guy's an idiot because people do Aristo V300 swaps alot
>>17500139
Why would you forget about it when it's the easiest way to make power? Not stock, talking swap but still, put the V300 2JZ in it and turn it into a cigarette boat
>>
>>17500145
>Copies Mercedes
>Beats them in reliability and interior quality

Toyota a gud
>>
>>17500139
Why would I choose a 430 over 300? I never wanted a V8, that six-in-line engine is amazing.

>>17500152
That's what I meant when I wrote about turning it into a sleeper.

>>17500145
It's more like they recreated Mercedes, not copied it. But that's just my feelings after few days since buying my first Lexus.

>>17500079
yer dick is wimpy
>>
>>17500208
>that six-in-line engine is amazing.

no the fuck it isnt

you got a base model shitbox bruh
>>
>>17500152
What constitutes alot for you? That you've read about them on the internet before?
>>
Looks notwithstanding, the gs300 is a far easier car to swap in a 2jzgte, and its very easy to boost to 400whp on stock internals.

with the gs400 youre shit out of luck.

Better have the brains to do a diy s/c setup which is going to run you about 4k using supra injectors and an aem fic-8, a self contained vortech supercharger, and a fish bracket plus intercooler plumbing.

Bullet cars can supercharge the 1uz using a dirt cheap roots blower but the mani costs 2k itself.

If you dont want to diy you better be prepared for spending from 7500 on a starter twin turbo kit or up to over 10k for a swift supercharger kit.

And then you might run 12s. If you do something about the transmission. Even built ones crap out. The stock trans cant handle a single wtq over stock without fucking up the shifting. So the valve body has to be modified, an a/t cooler fitted and the transmission can handle up to low 400 whp. This car doesnt have a v8 where you can push 7 psi and make stupid power. Its like charging a large 6 cylinder engine, got to pressurize the piss out of it and run double digit psi of boost to get appreciable gains. If youre trying to get power, go 2jzgte, you will never ever see the power figures a 2j can get you out of a 1uz.
>>
>>17500227
It's the most common swap, and it costs maybe 1/3 of a MK4 2JZ swap, that's why it is
>>
The back seats are very roomy. That's about all it has going for it.

Always will be an auto.
Always will be heavy.
>>
File: 00p0p_abi5blKRoTF_600x450.jpg (29KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00p0p_abi5blKRoTF_600x450.jpg
29KB, 600x337px
The Original Aristo, the Real MVP of them all.
>>
File: 00S0S_ljNi7JqRh8y_600x450.jpg (25KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00S0S_ljNi7JqRh8y_600x450.jpg
25KB, 600x337px
>>17502480
>>
File: 00y0y_8ueu026LcXu_600x450.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
00y0y_8ueu026LcXu_600x450.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>
File: this looks shopped.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
this looks shopped.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>17502507
that intercooler tho
>>
>>17500030
You're right on everything except the sleeper part. You could increase power but arguably its not worth the amount of work and money that needs to be put in.

And you'll still end up getting walked by a v8 audi/merc/bmw.
>>
>>17502507
That's one of the worst shoops I've ever seen
>>
>>17504471
How dumb are you? Seriously everyone ITT is acting like these things weigh a ton, they don't.
They're about 3600lbs, the same weight as a Mustang, a 2JZ swap with some fine tuning can get these things into the 11s easily, and swapping a manual isn't unheard of or that difficult
If anything these cars are severely underrated
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.