[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a friend who's the same age as me (18) and is looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: vlcsnap-2017-04-25-18h47m31s994.png (517KB, 720x551px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-25-18h47m31s994.png
517KB, 720x551px
I have a friend who's the same age as me (18) and is looking to get his first car. His first choice at the moment is a fucking 90s-00s Toyota Camry or a Ford Falcon (we're Australian).

He doesn't know jack shit about cars, and I'm trying to convince him to get something that isn't driven by 95% of others in the road, as in the most boring fucking car imaginable. Both in terms of how they drive, and how they look. Do you have any suggestions? He's not into JDM, and he only likes BMW when it comes to Euro brands. He has a budget of $9,000.

Oh and here's the kicker, it's got to be automatic. He can't drive manual, not even legally.
>>
>>17498979
So he's not a car guy. That's fine you autistic pleb. Let him get a damn camry, it'll last the rest of his life if he takes care of it.
>>
>>17498979
>legally
Wat?
>>
>>17498987
You can take your driver's license in either a manual or automatic car.

If you use an auto car, you can't drive manual. If you use a manual car, you can drive both manual and auto.
>>
>>17498979
>Oh and here's the kicker, it's got to be automatic. He can't drive manual, not even legally.
Sorry to derail, but I unironically wish that we had restricted licenses here in the US for people who can't drive manual.
>>
>>17499001
Why? More hassle for something that takes a few hours to get the hang of.
>>
Get him a 1st gen lexus ES300.

>Has the styling and luxury of european cars that niggers love
>Jap reliability
>Not really all that common

Watch out for sludge and bad valve cover gaskets though.
>>
File: C9KdVI_XYAE3tO7.jpg (33KB, 466x645px) Image search: [Google]
C9KdVI_XYAE3tO7.jpg
33KB, 466x645px
>>17498979
if your friend likes BMWs, an e36 or and e46 is his best bet. if he wants an incredibly reliable BMW then a 4 cylinder Z3 or 318ti would fit him more
>>
>>17499024
Weed out the morons who really shouldn't be driving at all
>>
>>17499870
It's a fucking transmission style. Let the normies have their appliances be easier to drive.
>>
File: RedditProhibited.png (37KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
RedditProhibited.png
37KB, 574x574px
>>17499001
>I want daddy state to impose regulations for people who cant shift their own gears

Just because someone can't drive stick initially doesn't mean they will instantly cause a collision when they decide to later on, 99% of drivers ed schools don't even offer manual anymore. For reference, we actually DO have restrictive licenses but the people at the DMV has some brain fluids left to realize this sentiment so they never give them out except for people with disabilities/one arm.

Everyone look and laugh at this faggot.
>>
>>17498979
For a basic car, can't go wrong with a camry
>>
>>17498979
Camry with dildo shifter gear knob so he can go fuck himself.
>>
>>17499879

Yes, until the market of automatic grows so big because normies are always the biggest demographic and car manufacturers stop producing manuals completely.
>>
>>17498979
Just get a Commodore or falcon for a first car
>Very cheap
>Spare parts everywhere
>Tried and tested reliability
>Enough power to have fun but not get you in trouble
>Can find them everywhere

Everything a first car should be
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.