[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can so many people afford $35000 cars? Are they all mill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

How can so many people afford $35000 cars?
Are they all millionaires?
After all, around $35k is the average millionaires spend on their car.
http://www.thomasjstanley.com/2012/01/drive-rich-or-be-rich/
>>
>>17491862
84+ month loans. they will be paying for a car for 7+ years and usually that's 3 years longer than the car lasts.
>>
Because most people have retarded values. Millionaires and other successful people are usually partially sociophobes, so they could care less what an average nigger thinks. I mean self-made millionaires.
Don't wanna brag but e.g. me. I'm under 30 years old, live in northern europe and own 2 real estates worth about 300k euro at the moment. I drive a 2001 chrysler neon. I dress in good, relatively expensive clothes- Lerros, Tom tailor, but they are very understated- e.g. nobody knows what the fuck that is.
TLDR- people spend money on things they don't need to impress people they don't care about.
>>
I have 600k total estate and drive shitboxes. People driving brand new audis on 40k salary are the best fish you can dream of if you are a salesman.
>>
>>17491869
>http://www.thomasjstanley.com/2012/01/drive-rich-or-be-rich/
oh right, and just another day there was a girl in a 2017 dodge dart dropping by my neighbourhood. Since it's a rare sight here and also the car is in some ways an inheritant of my car, I asked her about it etc, then I asked if she is new around here or what is she doing here. She said she is trying to rent a place here, because she can't afford a flat that is more than 320 euro per month. I told her to rethink her values regarding the 10k euro car.
I think she learned her lesson hopefully, because I've seen a dodge dart rallye for sale recently.
>>
>>17491869
>2 real estates worth about 300k euro
>>>>>>>>>rich
>in europe
>>
>>17491862
They take out car loans so they could flash their status to people,we are living in an instagram culture. People would also take a great car over a great house because everyone can see you in your car but a limited number of people can see your house.
>>
I bought a $30,000 car last week. gonna come out to be around 35 once insurance/maintenance/gas factors in this year

I paid cash and saved up for it. I make 100k a year
>>
>>17491862
They can't. It's a multi-year lease taking their income minus absolute minimum living expenses.

Wait a few years, see if they can keep them.
>>
i find the info in OP pretty dubious. i live in a small rural town next to a city of 50,000 or so, and every other that isn't a truck or toyota is a mercedes or lexus.
>>
>>17491951
Exactly my point. Most people with this amount of wealth would already have bought a new rs5 or lease it at least a couple times. The people who have 10x my wealth are probably the ones I would imagine being reasonable paying 50k euro for a car.
>>
>>17491969
That is ok, depending on how much spending you need. A car that is 1/3 your yearly salary is mostly ok if you have your home paid off and you don't live too lavishly, don't have any big bills need paying- child support/children college/ health insurance etc/medical problems.
>>
I bring in almost 100K a year and drive two $1000 cars.
>>
>>17491862
$30k-$35k is a nicely specced out brand new Accord, a sensible car that you'd drive for years
>>
>>17491862
By having jobs you fucking poorfag
>>
>>17492254
600 a month isn't exactly a small payment.
>>
>>17492267
If you actually have good credit you can get financing for as low as 0.9% APR

Put a down payment for like $15-20k and pay the rest with monthly payments. After all the other half can be used to invest and make that money back
>>
>>17492267
Its not a large payment either. Study hard in Highschool. Study hard in college. Marry someone who did the same. $600 is nothing.
>>
>>17492242
I think op wasn't referring to something this sensible, but rather to a bmw/audi tier car
>>
>>17492227
i don't see what the big deal is about the '1/5 rule'. i mean every time i see that car chart it seems like a pissing contest to make anyone under 300k a year feel poor by listing "i guess you can buy a 5 year old volvo"
>>
>>17492288
That is shit advice as it's entirely retrospective. Thankfully I got back into college, but most people will never have that opportunity.
>>
>>17492318
no I wasn't speaking precisely. Of course it depends on your way of life and the things you own/owe. If you ahve a house, don't have any medical bills etc, and you put aside that amount of money a year that you paid for your car, why not yoruself enjoy it?
>>
>>17492316
>bmw/audi tier
which can be had for 35k
>>
>>17492288
>Marry someone who did the same
This is the one thing people never understand, marriages work better when both people share values and have the same level of education, none of this opposites attract bullshit
>>
>>17492354
Basic bitch models start at that much, and that's what poorfags usually get
>>
>>17492232
Nice. My income varies but I managed to save around 100k in 2 years.
My used car cost me $5000.
>>
>>17492374
you can get a 1-2 year old one with barely any miles on it for that little as well. or i guess slightly used is basic too
>>
>>17492405
That's what my dad did, got an S class that was 2 years old but still had a factory warranty for half of its initial price. Paid like $50k and financed $20k.
He invested the other $70k in stocks and turned it into $200k in a couple years just dicking around on the market every morning on the side
>>
>>17492405
>buying used
What are you, poor? You can't impress jungle queens with used cars
>>
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/09/06/car-loans-now-top-1-trillion-delinquency-rates-rise/89911210/

>Car loans now top $1 trillion as delinquency rates rise

Americans are in debt for cars at $3074 per capita, $3856 per vehicle, $4762 per licensed driver and $7948 per household.
>>
>>17492288
>20% of the median household's monthly income
>spent on just HAVING a car
>running costs not even included

>is nothing
>>
>>17492414
with something like the s-class i can see someones hesitation, because average repairs on that thing are laughably expensive ($1400 for a windshield. better have comprehensive with glass repair.... oh wait the insurance for the s-class is crazy high, too) but something like other mercedes/bmw/lexus/cadillac/infiniti/acura i say go for it. the day-to-day expenses on those aren't much different from a shitbox
>>
>>17492471
Insurance is pretty fucking cheap for newer S classes simply because of the kind of people that drive them. In Toronto a 10 year old Civic is 3 times as more expensive to insure

A sensor gave on it and they wanted like a grand to change it. I changed it out for like $60 and a couple hours
The Ad Blue system's heater is also dead on it and needs to be fixed by winter, but I think he's just going to rip it out and bypass the system all together instead of spending 3 grand to replace it. It's what all the Sprinter owners do
>>
because people try to appear rich when in reality they're dumping so much money into monthly car payments they can barely afford and still think they can fool people. i'd rather save up like 25k, pay off a 2016 car than put that money towards a 50k luxury car where payments and insurance will be high, along with expensive ass repairs.
>>
>>17491951
seeing that most yurocucks are poor that's probably top 10% in Yurop
>>
>>17491862
I'm in my mid 20s and I spent $45,000 on my car. I work in the tech industry and I got a low interest rate loan for it since my credit is excellent. At the moment I have zero obligations to anyone but myself, so I decided fuck it and bought my midlife crisis mobile early while there's nobody around to tell me not to.
>>
>>17491868
>7+ years and usually that's 3 years longer than the car lasts.
Stop buying domestic.
>>
>>17491869
>they could care less
you mean they couldn't care less. Could care less would imply there is a current level of care.
>>
>>17491862
A million dollars isn't a lot of money you know.
>>
>>17493133
Most people with $35000 cars don't have $1,000,000.
>>
>>17493140
>he doesn't know what assets are
>>
>>17491862
They often own multiple cars at that price, live in a city , or have a driver service. The nocar millionaires offset the expensive cars when averaged
>>
>>17493140
But according to OP most people with a million dollars have $35k cars. And he is saying it as if a it's a high target to reach. The truth is most of them are cash poor and asset rich so probably don't actualy have large amounts of disposable income.
>>
>>17493162
>nocar millionaires
Not factored in.
$35k is the average price for cars bought by millionaires.
>>
>>17491862
>oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>17491862
I make 50k a year.
Single.
3.75% on my mortgage
No kids.

I bought my daily and my weekend car with cash. I could easily buy a 35k car with cash if I sold both.
>>
>>17493206
Your finances must be an interesting thing to look at. Plus your area most likely makes that possible
>>
>>17493218
This is true. My area is inexpensive. I bought a bank foreclosure so my mortgage is less than 750 a month.
>>
File: 1b3.jpg (433KB, 1000x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1b3.jpg
433KB, 1000x1166px
>>17492445

>Live in a "nice" neighborhood
>"Upper Middle Class"
>Average home costs $300-400k here
>Seems ok at first
>Huge storm blows through and fucks my fence and roof
>no problem, call insurance and have them fixed
>8 months pass
>my roof and fence are great
>about half the neighbors still have fucked up roofs and fences
>get chatting with some of my neighbors and casually bring up that storm
>"oh yeah, I've been waiting till I have the money to pay my deductible"
>Find out that most of my neighbors can "afford" a $350k house but can't afford their insurance deductibles

How the fuck is this allowed?
>>
>>17491869
Except you made all of that up and literally have zero life experience.
>>
>>17493242
Any problems with the house itself if you don't mind me asking
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.