[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK ME. Story: >Last year >take off door trim to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 20170707_125218.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_125218.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
FUCK ME.
Story:
>Last year
>take off door trim to have better access to window seals to remove algae and to lubricate with silicone spray
>discover rust
>break off all the rust and paint over with black silicone
>this year
>take of door trim
>rust has continued under silicone coating
>poke my finger into rust
>holes

What should I do? Should I just replace the doors? Or is there any why of fixing this with fiberglass and body fill?

Pic is left rear passenger door.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1591x893px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1591x893px
>>17489738
wtf i don't know why the image is upside down, it's right side up on my pc. This pic is of the right rear passenger door.
>TWO FUCKING HOLES
>>
Jesus christ break out the sandpaper!
>>
>>17489738
Get a door from a junkyard. That's not terribly structural of a part, so I'd wait until one in the same color comes in.
>>
>>17489738
what car?
>>
>>17489738
>break off all the rust
-doubt
>>
File: 1437492441990.png (20KB, 133x282px) Image search: [Google]
1437492441990.png
20KB, 133x282px
>OP didn't neutralize the rust
>>
>didn't neutralize the rust
>didn't remove all the rust (gotta remove paint to check
>silicone can promote rust by trapping water
asked an automotive window installer if silicone is cool for fixing a leak in the sealant, was told by multiple different ones from different places that silicon promotes rust, and to use something that was non-hardening

you fucked up, now the aids spreads
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1586x884px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1586x884px
>>17489956
I didn't pick up the car for much, and two doors from the junkyard would be 60% of the cost of resell of this car
>>17489972
Ford Falcon AU
>>17490063
Fuck me, at least I did this time. Used CRC rust converter.
>>17490395
Didn't know that, thanks.

Current plan:
>wait for rust converter to act
>find any more rust on my car and remove it as well
>try building up the shell of the door using fibre body filler and tyvek sheet
>fit up cavities with expanding foam
>apply more filler over foam.
>sand and then apply rust kill paint
>>
>>17491213
>Australia
>rust

How?
>>
>>17491213
That is literally all of the worst ideas to fix rust moron, you gotta cut that shit out and just patch it with some fucking metal, it doesn't need to be perfect, jesus christ.

Austrailia really is the worst state.
>>
>>17491293
NZ
>>17491301
I have cut the shit out. I don't have a welder
>>17491213
This yellow part is some type of sponge/foam and it was soaked with water. I hit with a hot air gun till it was bone dry.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.