[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question, /o/. I dont know much and google wasnt help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Quick question, /o/.
I dont know much and google wasnt help so here i am
My car(pic related) is an automatic but you can choose 1st on 2nd on the gear selector, so if i were to go from 1st, and then 2nd once i got up to speed, then automatic, would i kill the transmission?
thanks, /o/
>>
pls, /o/
>>
>>17488287
I wouldn't do it.

but go try it and tell us what happens.
>>
>>17488287
No you would not blow up your transmission, but leaving your foot on the gas pedal while shifting could cause damage as well as; having it in N and reving it up and then putting it into D to try launching it
>>
>>17488287
Yes it will eventually wear out the tranny.
It's an automatic, dont try to drive it like a manual.

Those gears lock the tranny to whatever it is set to (i.e 1 locks it into 1st)
These are preferred for situational instances. However, you honestly shouldnt need to use them
>>
>>17488547
>>17488562
>>17488563
thank you
>>
>>17488562
>leaving your foot on the gas pedal while shifting could cause damage as well as; having it in N and reving it up and then putting it into D to try launching it
Can confirm, see
>>17489203/
>>
>>17488563
>These are preferred for situational instances. However, you honestly shouldnt need to use them
I have had to lock into 1st to get out of mud and other slick areas and to engine brake going down the long, steep mountain road I live on without burning through brake pads at an excessive rate.
>>
>>17488563
>Those gears lock the tranny to whatever it is set to (i.e 1 locks it into 1st)
More specifically, it prevents the tranny from going ABOVE that gear, so 1 gives you first, 2 gives you first and second, and D gives you all four gears. If you want third, leave it in D and disable overdrive with the button on the shift column.
>>
The "1" and "2" is mostly for coasting down a hill. It uses the engine to brake and saves your brakes. You can have your foot on the gas when shifting it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.