[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever driven or owned an 06-07 Honda Accord 6 speed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Anyone here ever driven or owned an 06-07 Honda Accord 6 speed? I'm really thinking about getting this car but I'm not sure. It had the vtec and produces decent hp and torque, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy a fwd manual. Any input?
>>
Do it it's fine. FWD is a non issue for anything that's not a dedicated race car and even then people make dedicated race cars with FWD. If you're looking for more fun than practicality get yourself any Civic Si you can afford but otherwise it will be a comfy commuter car and that's all it needs to be.
>>
I drive a V6 auto (it might be an '05). The steering is frighteningly unresponsive on gravel roads, but that's not an issue for 99% of people. The trans is probably the worst auto I've ever driven, but with a manual it might even be fun. You can also fit 4 grown people in it (good luck with that in a Civic).
>>
>>17485050
> but I'm not sure I'd enjoy a fwd manual

fwd manual was good enough for this kid

https://youtu.be/6-p3m7YgB3w?t=33s
>>
>>17485759
Why do you recommend a Civic si over this? I've compared both and the Accord seems to be the superior car, at least on paper. Also I'm not a racerbro but i don't like the lack of accerlation and uphill power fwd cars tend to have, is this a problem with manuals?
>>17485794
Yeah the interior space is a big time factor for why I want this car. From what I can tell it has a shitload of space compared to most sedans, which is good because I like a comfy ride
>>17485807
Holy shit, do people actually like this kind of music? I literally cringed
>>
File: Accord Race No Audio.webm (780KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Accord Race No Audio.webm
780KB, 1280x720px
>>17485050
one time one of these blew by me on the highway so i gave him a few seconds and then destroyed him. thats my only experience with them.

was going 150 at the end of the vid.
>>
>>17485877
Did he do it on purpose or are you just one of those dickholes that wants to race any car going faster than you?
>>
>>17485890
i dunno, i think it was on purpose because i passed him going normal highway speeds and then about 30 seconds later he blew by me going over 100. when i passed him at the end i was going maybe 135-140. he was definitely going all out.

i also had track numbers all over my windows as i was on the way home from the strip, so he probably wanted to have some fun.
>>
>>17485899
Oh okay that's understandable, what car are you driving? Me personally I'm not interested in racing anybody at all, I literally cannot afford anymore tickets lol
>>
File: zcomp3.jpg (1MB, 1796x1347px) Image search: [Google]
zcomp3.jpg
1MB, 1796x1347px
>>17485915
a 12 second big turbo a4. and same here, normally i have a bit more self control and have all my fun at the track, but i was in race mode and there are never cops on that stretch of road.
>>
>>17485944
holy shit dude its beautiful.
>>
>>17485944
What year? Damn I am really jell right now that thing looks loaded
>>
File: wall_R0002532.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wall_R0002532.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>17485982
thank you. now just give it a few minutes for audi is a vw guy to come in and ruin your thread. sorry in advance for that.
>>
>>17486005
09. which is actually a totally shit year for these. huge engine problems. they burn oil like no tomorrow, the timing chain tensioners grenade the motors at 100k, and (probably my fault from the turbo and drag racing) the balance shaft gears shred themselves, blowing your shit up.

plus side of that is theyre dirt cheap now because of this, so if you know how to swap motors, its cheap and trivial to grab one for $6k and toss in a $2.5k used motor out of a '13+ that doesnt have these issues and youre left with a solid, awesome, reliable car.
>>
>>17485050
I have an 04 Accord with the five speed that I like decently well. I don't have a wide pool of cars to compare it against though, it's my first and only car and my next vehicle won't be a car.
>>
>>17485050
I drove my friends, it was just like your picture except for a coupe. I really liked it, the engine was fast but the car had a very light feel. Transmission was super nice.
>>
>>17486021
That's interesting, so would you recommend this car for someone who isn't knowledge with cars? I've heard audis are littered with problems but drive like a cloud. What do you think of the S4? I really wanted one but I can't afford it
>>
>>17486036
honestly, no, i wouldnt. the amount of money youll sink into it if you dont do your own (extensive) work will bankrupt you. youre better off getting a facelift b8 (2013+) if youre looking for something more reliable. probably be cheaper in the long run.

s4s are nice. basically an a4 with a sc v6 instead of a turbo i4. run a low 13 stock, but can easily run a low 12 with a $2k pulley and tune. im at a mid 12 with about $15k of parts doing all my own labor, so while i could smoke a stock s4, a stage 2 one would handle me. just to give you a comparison. and the early b8 s4s with the dsg have big transmission problems. they were supposedly fixed by the facelift models, but they havent gotten up there in miles yet to really show the problems the b8s showed. id get a manual if i was getting an s4 to avoid this.
>>
>>17485050
My experience with my 07 was that if I have it any gas from a complete stop I was going to squeal the tires. If you do get one, get some better tires and brakes. I had my stock brakes glaze over a few times under normal circumstances, so be warned. Also, if you wish to add Bluetooth/Aux, you can plug an adapter into the CD changer and run a cable(s) to the armrest console and replace the 12v socket with a 3.5mm aux and usb plug.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.