[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do modern Chevy and Mopar pushrod V8's compare? >size

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
How do modern Chevy and Mopar pushrod V8's compare?

>size
>weight
>powerband
>aftermarket
>efficiency
>revs

Stuff like that? I noticed HEMI swap are extremely rare compared to LS and even Modular swaps
>>
>>17483200
From what i understand the Chrysler Hemi hasn't been updated in a long time so it doesn't feature the technology of Chevy V8s which now have variable valve timing or something else that wasn't on engines like these before.

Its a shame though since the Hemi was once a potent engines with its own advantages from other OHV engines. its unknown how they'd be if properly updated.

Viper engine on the other hand i think that has been getting updated over the years and in one production application would've saw it making 740 HP naturally aspirated (although the car it was going to be in was canned because of regulation changes regarding chassis design).

It always pains me when good engines never get put in mid-engine cars. Ford has a mid engine car but they don't want to use their own V8s. last mid-engine car Chrysler made got canned by their parent company (me4-12) so the chances of the Viper engine (which is still good for meeting emissions) going in anything mid-engine is slim to none.

All i can do is hope some Euro manufacturer comes along and gives us a lightweight-mid mounted Viper like TVR is giving us the Ford V8 powered sports car Ford themselves wont.
>>
>>17483200
Poorfags can't afford crate HEMIs so they use LSs instead. I never understood cross-brand engine swaps. I always see it as a red flag.
>>
>>17483200
The LS/LT family is not only less expensive, but it has more aftermarket and parts swapping as well as being better bang for the buck.
>>17484169
If it works, it works.
>>
>>17483428

Do research, because the Hemi has had VVT since the mid-2000s. It's extremely advanced, even with its old architecture.
>>
>>17483200
>modern
>pushrod

kek
>>
>>17483200
Is only the 6.4 pushrod? Or 5.7 as well?
>>
Gm cucks literally can't afford anything better than their shitty truck engines
Thats why cost is always at the forefront of their arguments
>>
>5.7L
>375HP

How is this possible in the 21st century?
>>
>>17483200
Hemi engines tend to have really large cylinder heads, and are much larger than LS engines.

Other thing is that its really hard to control them without the stock ECU. I can only think of 2 after market ECU for the Hemi but I can think of 8 for the LS engines. Not only that but the stock ECU for the Hemis tend to be locked from the factory and difficult to unlock/tune on. The last issue is the Hemi engines tend to be weak. Not just the internals but the blocks as well.
>>
>>17485881
truck engine...

forged internals? yes ...thank you.
>>
>>17485845
All Hemis are pushrod. 5.7, 6.1, 6.2, 6.4
>>
File: IMG_7842.jpg (24KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7842.jpg
24KB, 300x250px
>>17485930
Neat, thanks brah
>>
who cares, it's all old push cuck technology 375 hp from 5.7 liters is atrocious but expected from backwoods americunt engineering
>>
>>17485881
you're a cuck if you like any of these, american cars of all types suck dick and you're a fag if you don't think so
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.