[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you can try and debate this, but the CVT is the best transmission.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: GearBoxRotRotVar[1].gif (227KB, 161x241px) Image search: [Google]
GearBoxRotRotVar[1].gif
227KB, 161x241px
you can try and debate this, but the CVT is the best transmission.

why else would it:
be banned from F1 racing before the first car ever raced a lap- because on it's test laps the williams CVT-powered car broke every track record

deliver peak power to the wheels at every rpm

only suffer about 8% drive-train power loss in a race setting

>hurr durr dual clutch!!! xd
the only reason you would buy one is because you care about the "sounds" of your motor.

>hurr durr you need a manyal
syncromesh gearboxes took all the skill out of driving a manual anyway.
>>
>>17482716
Literally no torque
I used to fuck about with scooters and you can spot immediately when you get to the 300cc range how overbuilt they have to be
The CVT is useless in the age of hybrids, it's actually better to run an electric motor off the alternator
>>
>>17482716
F1 is the literal no fun allowed of racing

Seriously fuck those cucks.
>>
I want my car to feel like a snowmobile
>>
>>17482716
Fastest transmission.

If fastest == best then yes.

Personally I only drive manuals.
>>
The major racing leagues ban shit for little reason all the time, you can't go by that for meaning anything
>>
>>17482716
longevity, both in terms of road life and power loss as the system heats up (that 8% is only when the system gets time to cool off for a hotlap). the engine they mate to also would best be designed to operate at a constant RPM, like an airplane motor.
>>
You're shitposting, but not wrong.
The problem is that it isn't used properly. Normals cannot handle the sounds coming from a car that uses a CVT properly. So they fucked with it.
>>
>>17482823
I Agree with You I had a Nissan Cube with a CVT and as far as torque went there was fucking enough to get me off the driveway and that's it
>>
>>17482716
If CVT's were built the way they were when first introduced in racing today then I would agree with you but as they are now they're expensive boxes of glass.
>>
>>17483684
Ahhhh, to be a CVTVC symmetrical autism lad, YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD AND YOU SHOULD FUCKING KILL YOURSELF MY WORDS ARE BIGGER THAN THEY APPEAR ON YOUR SCREEN SO GRAB A PROJECTOR, PLUG IT INTO YOUR LAPTOP AND SHINE IT AT THE RUG STORE DOWN THE STREET AND FOCUS IN ON ONLY MY WORDS AND GO OVER AND LOOK AT THEM ON THE STUCCO ON THE WALL OF THE RUG STORE AND SMASH YOUR FUCKING FACE ONTO THEM
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.