[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are c5 corvettes the future of youth drifting? Drift tax is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wzjnixypt0bdzcclnniv.png (502KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
wzjnixypt0bdzcclnniv.png
502KB, 800x362px
Are c5 corvettes the future of youth drifting?

Drift tax is destroying the rwd jap car market. While shitty beat up 240s are going up in price, the price of corvettes are going down. I can see a time when they overlap very soon
>>
Why not a 350Z? It's already a pile, so you don't have to feel guilty for ruining it.
>>
I can see the appeal, but it's not like c5 corvettes are that cheap
>>
I'm calling it right fucking now: '80s and '90s American malaise-boxes are the future of thrashable cars.

Imagine one of those cigarette-and-Vicks-smelling, five-previous-owners, faux-luxury GM/Chrysler/Cadillac/Pontiac nastycans with a posh fucking Victorian name like Boulevardier or something. It's got the twenty-year-old Rotary Club and Journey stickers, the forty-five-year-old Computer Tech major with a stained tee of an obscure OS at the wheel, and the sixty-five-year-old mother backseating the "between jobs" techie's life as much as his driving.

Now give it the treatment you see ricers normally give to Civics and Celicas.
>>
Would it be easier just to weld the differential on a 3 series and since it won't be a daily German engineering isn't going to be an issue.
>>
>>17481323
No, rx7s are still dirt cheap and will remain so and probably still be in use for the next 10 years as long as people are rebuilding them.
>>
>>17481340
fpbp
and the engine bay is big enough to slap a v8 in it
>>
>>17481565
>since some newbie drifter will put it in a wall and destroy it German engineering isn't going to be an issue.
that's what you really meant right
>>
All the 80's-90's american sporty cars are already trashed. Only autistic chinks actually cared about their car to keep it pristine for decades then selling it to some import export
>>
File: IMG_20170526_212146.jpg (2MB, 3681x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170526_212146.jpg
2MB, 3681x2400px
>>17481358

I just purchased a 98 with 80k miles for 11.5k so that is very cheap for what you are getting
>>
>>17481627
I agree with you that it's cheap for what you get. But drifters are paying like 5k max. I did see a large increase of foxbody mustangs in the last few years. I guess the japanese sport car market dried up.
>>
>>17481421
Never gonna happen, they are too heavy and the axle construction is pure shit on American cars.
>muh comfy car
>muh straight roads
The jap drifting boxes are lightweight, turbocharged and have working axels and springs. Everything American cars are not.
>>
>>17481323
Driftniggers just need to fuck right off.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.