[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the future of cars look, /o/? Are you optimistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

How does the future of cars look, /o/? Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
>>
I'm pessimistic.
Car culture will still exist, but we'll have to cling onto our ICE shitboxes for as long as possible, because the supply will soon run out forever.
>>
it looks good. chinese are buying cars left and right, and they tend to be more accepting of weird styling. also car reliability seems to have jumped up
>>
>>17479598
pessimistic. design is shit. nannies will get worse. performance and mpg is great but what's the point if the cars are hideous and pedestrian-safe?
>>
>>17479848
I imagine pedestrian safe would be good, no? And not all cars look bad. But I do see a lot of "lmao let's make cars super futuristic that's what the public wants", but that's been a thing since the 50s, especially in concept designs.
>>
>>17479598
The future of car design was looking bleak until Lexus released this beauty into the wild. All other cars look like shit in comparison.
>>
pessimistic. why wouldn't you be?

emission laws fuck everything up. There's more to cars than just speed. It's nice to hear the sounds of an N/A V8 or V10 V12 etc
>>
>>17479997
looks like a beard trimmer
>>
>>17479997
true
>>
>>17479997
lexus really cant make anything good / worthwhile / memorable
>>
>>17479598

2016 was the first year SUVs outsold cars, according to consumer reports.

Look around you at every manufacturer scrambling to keep up with the demand for basic bitches crossovers and light SUVs with no real offroad ability.

The future is here, and it it bleak.
>>
>>17479997
This.
Lexus had period of awkward design language between 2011 and 2016 but now their new cars look damn nice.
>>
File: Jcjcndnwow0q.jpg (147KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
Jcjcndnwow0q.jpg
147KB, 980x551px
>>17479997
No. It should've looked like this. Predator grille sucks
>>
File: This triggers Lexus Shills.jpg (59KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
This triggers Lexus Shills.jpg
59KB, 700x600px
>>17479997
>>
>>17479997

That grille looks like hot garbage. A beatutiful shape ruined by this fuckhuge grille convention. It has diseased all corners of the automovite world. Trucks, cars, doesn't matter. It all looks bad.

The future of the automobile is biege. Electric econopods that self drive. These rolling toasters nobody owns, they just swipe a credit card and use one for the day, then drop it off at their destination and just grab another when they need to go someplace else. No personality, no sentiment, no connection with the car. Shit is going to get bleak for the traditional car enthuisast. I feel the next few generations will have holdouts who are "car people", they may keep classics and gas-powered relics in the garage, occasionally taking them out on the designated "human driver" roads, or maybe a race track. But as people and time move on personal cars will becaome as passe as owning your own horse and buggy. Almost noone will do it. Petrol cars will be jailed in museums, future humanity oggling it like they do King Tut's sarcophagus.
>>
>>17479598
like >>17479604 said. Our favorite cars are going to die out sooner or later, no more engine rumble, turbos or anything of the sort............unless we can make electric cars fun there's no hope for us shitbox loving enthusiasts other than building your own Mad Max style.
>>
>>17481026
Do you really think that our societal connection will just die off like that? Just think of how much cars and car culture and car ownership as a whole impacts us - even non car enthusiasts. I highly doubt it'll just die, and I think comparing it to horse and buggy is a bit inaccurate.
>>
The year 2034:

Cars, minivans - turn into self driving city only people delivery pods. No licensing requited for operation.

Small suvs/cross overs/ light trucks will be self driving only on roads with a restrictive off road manual driving mode with the correct license endorsements.

Large SUVs |Banned|

Full sized pickups and HD pickups self driving mode required for city use, manual driving mode permitted only for off road and work site purposes with extremely restrictive licensing requirements.

Full size vans - self driving mode only, passenger models only. Cargo configuration banned.

Sports cars - self driving mode required for on road use. Speed regulator and compliance system required. Manual mode for use on regulated tracks with extensive safety inspections, no modification from manufacturer spec, and extremely restrictive licensing requirements and year long driving coursework that costs 25k dollars.

Tractor trailer rigs - fully automated, driverless only.

Motorcycles/moped |Banned|

Pre-2024 vehicles without self driving modes banned from urban centers and restricted from highways and freeways and speeds over 35mph with required full time compliance accountability and regulator system installed.

Pre 1994 vehicles all types |Banned|

This is my most optimistic best case scenario. We will be lucky if this is all that happens.
>>
>>17481037

The concept of societal connection won't die..it will shift. Cars represent freedom, especially in our youth. The freedom to travel on your own, not be escoerted by parents or a schoolbus driver. The freedom to do things and experience life. But the thing is that the world is shifting. People now see freedom in their smart phone. They can surf the net anyplace at anytime, get on social media and do what they want when they want to. The car is becoming secondary to provide that sense of freedom. It is becoming regarded as a necessary conveyence to physically travel, but as a symbol of freedom? A symbol that one gets attached to? Not so much anymore.

I work in the auto industry. I see it every day. So many people coming in just to get a vehicle to do A to B. i have heard it 1000s of times. "I just need to get a car." Not I love this car, I WANT this car, I have to have this car. And it isn't just the mask of the car buyer trying to bluff you. It's deeper than that. If they didn't have to get a car, they wouldn't. And that is what's going to happen, as much as I hate even thinking that. People will drift away from cars as their passion.
>>
>>17480062
Because people are getting fatter and want to load more groceries.

Fat people don't want cars, they want cars that allow them to move the front seat as much as possible.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.