[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/ i've been interested in cars only a few months ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1946x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1946x1080px
hey /o/ i've been interested in cars only a few months ago and im still a big car noob. I see these on modified cars all the time IRL and always wondered what they were and did. Can one of you shed light on the subject for this car newbie.
>>
These are simply horns, Hella brand "Supertones" or "Sharptones". People just use them as a very loud upgrade over stock horns.
>>
theyre fuckboy accessories. no reason to get them except to showcase to the world how much of a fuckboy you are.
>>
>>17474501
theyre actually dual blow off valves for the turbo to suck in more air.
>>
>>17474572
the correct term is actual diverter valves, since they are diverting air that would normally go through your radiator, into your turbo.
>>
Wet pussy detectors.
>>
>>17474501
They're horns that rice boys like to put on their JDM tite cars, similar to jdm roof racks and other stupid stuff you might see on something like a lowered honda.
>>
>>17474545
Just cheked this out and you seem to be right, why do these people tell me these are diverter valves for teh turbo, is this a meme?
>>
>>17474501
Horns
>>
>>17474776
i was joking about the diverter valve thing. your question was answered in the first post in the thread so i wanted to have a bit of fun.

diverter valves are like blow off valves but instead of venting to atmosphere, they vent back into your intake post-maf and pre-turbo so they dont f with your a/f ratios. venting metered air causes rich conditions which, while not catastrphic, arent ideal. so most modern cars run DVs instead of BOVs.
>>
>>17474501
>these on modified cars all the time IRL and always wondered what they were and did. Can one of you shed light on the subject for
extra speakers so everyone else can hear you laughing when you pass them
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.