[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the admins of my city's most populous and normie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1491966919716.jpg (379KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491966919716.jpg
379KB, 1280x960px
One of the admins of my city's most populous and normie car group on Facebook is a shameless /o/tist in contrast to all but a handful of other people in it who have even heard of 4chan. He's naturally also one of the group's biggest shitposters. This makes me wonder how common it is for typical car people in the Anglosphere at least to frequent /o/. Can anyone else speak from experience in their area?
>>
no one I know into cars goes on /o/ even the memelovingfaggot ones

but since I live close to Boone some know of /o/ shit like le angry ute since we see it in person
>>
>>17474023
The memefags are actually the most normie ones ironically. They seem to be stuck in the late 2000's for the most part though
>>
>>17474051
yeah good point

its all impact font on generic insult images when they post stuff
>>
>>17473970
90% of the car people I know don't come here. And when they did, they said it was absolute shit and full of morons. I agree. It's why I only visit once a month or so when I have nothing else to browse.

You guys vastly underestimate the amount of sheer stupidity coming from this site.
>>
>>17474096
This place is 1000 times more intelligent and self aware than my province's entire care scene.

God I hate Ontario
>>
>>17474118
>>17474096
It's a double edged sword. I hate normal car forum culture. "Wife will be so mad I spent x on parts hahahahaha" and I hate Facebook. But those at least have some god damned moderation.
>>
File: 1425855235283.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1425855235283.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
>>17474096
true.
>>
>>17474096
You don't know shit. If you think you're smarter than the collective brain herein this message board. GTFO
>>
>>17474124
It doesn't help when the mods are the biggest shitheads of them all with majority support and use their authority to stroke their ego by banning "annoying people" or "snitches" among other things
>>
>>17474147
assmad gm fangirl spotted
>>
>>17474147
Mods there or mods here? They'd at least ban alphonse and the like.
>>
>>17474162
sperg more
>>
>>17474162
Mods there. Alphonse would be right at home with them
>>
>>17474131
>If you think you're smarter than the collective brain herein this message board. GTFO
any one person may not know more than the collective knowledge of everyone here, but there are two reasons why i disagree with what youre saying.

1) anyone serious about looking for actual information would be retarded to attempt to find it here. there are make/model/engine/etc -specific car forums for that.

2) everyone on here, especially the people who actually know what theyre talking about, are not here to spread knowledge. theyre here to post memes, make jokes, insult others, and do whatever they can to make themselves feel superior and their opinions/decisions validated. nobody has ever thought to themselves 'hm i have an hour to kill, id like to help someone' and then came here.
>>
>>17474229
I come here for entertainment but if I see a moment where I can genuinely help someone I take it

I just legit cant stand "normal" message boards and social media groups because I dunno autism or something
>>
>>17473970
Hey I have one of the items in the picture.
>>
>>17474229
I disagree about the knowledgeable people. It's the retarded fucking morons who know nothing but THINK they know whats going on that are the problem. I see mechanics and people who actually own certain cars trying to give advice, and fucking jaskass' just meme out or spout retarded bullshit. People not willing to listen is what made this site shit.
>>
>>17474096
t. summerfag who came on here and got btfo on some various topic he though he was an expert in
>>
>>17474281
>I see mechanics and people who actually own certain cars trying to give advice, and fucking jaskass' just meme out or spout retarded bullshit.

Sounds like the problem here is dependent on the end user's discretion at which types of knowledge to trust. I'm personally a lot more inclined to trust information from someone who obviously owns the car than someone spouting off bullshit and memes.

I mean, obviously there's more to it than that but having a discerning eye is definitely necessary to get the most out of this place. Sort of a mental filter for the garbage that you come across
>>
File: 183.png (116KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
183.png
116KB, 256x192px
>>17474082
A mod of a Facebook group I'm in used this unironcally in an attempt to be sassy. He probably has never heard of One Punch Man
>>
>>17474278
cargo shorts are nothing to brag about
>>
File: IMG_20141001_125552.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141001_125552.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
There are definitely people on /o/ now and then who post pictures from within my city but at the same time I've never been positively ID'd in person or doxxed despite my extremely recognizable cars/lifestyle
>>
>>17474540
Despite their hatred for "nerds" straight out of an 80's movie a lot of people in my community think going on 4chan isn't necessarily worthy of ridicule. It's weird
>>
one time a guy recognized my exact car and said he knew where I lived, and that he notices me working on cars a lot. all i posted was a pic of my car near my house. asked him who he was (knew one dude from my neighborhood who was a 4chanist back in HS). Never got a reply

I'm also part of the local /o/tist group now so I know a decent amount of people
>>
>>17474480
Kek
>>
>>17474159
>haven't moved on to the meltdown meme yet

git gud
>>
File: IMG_0155.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0155.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17474278
>>17474480
>>
>>17474253
>I just legit cant stand "normal" message boards and social media groups because I dunno autism or something

>check car-specific subsection of forum for solution to a problem
>find ancient thread with [SOLVED] tag
>(YOU MUST LOG IN TO VIEW ATTACHMENTS)
>alright fine
>create account
>return to thread
>images are all dead
>make new thread asking question
>"USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION FIRST, IT'S THERE FOR A REASON"

Every fucking time.
>>
From all my car guy friends and acquaintances I'm the only one who frequents /o/. Most are normies and even the ones that meme about cars are of the "eww 4chan" variety whenever I mention or browse /o/. Mostly just carthrottle, rcr, and Instagram memers. N/o/VA fag btw
>>
>>17477682
>normies watch RCR

News to me
>>
>>17473970
How fast is that thing?

That looks like an interesting build
>>
>>17479853
Probably not very desu
>>
any britfags on /o/? any east midlands anons?
>>
>>17474755
Don't you love that?

>describe car and bike
>and waifu
>OH HEY BRO I KNOW YOU FROM WORK HAHA
> never find out who it is

I go to work every day knowing that someone there thinks I am madly in love with honoka from love live. I will never be able to tell them it's just a meme and that I do 3d.
>>
>>17479853
>How fast is that thing?

probably about as fast as a 2800 lb car with 500 horsepower
>>
>>17480143
>SRT10 weighs ~200lbs more than the F20 and weight distribution is kill

You need to factor those in too
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.