[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Unplug fuel pump relay to depressurize fuel system. >Start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: w01331621448str.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
w01331621448str.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>Unplug fuel pump relay to depressurize fuel system.
>Start engine.
>It keeps running.
>Give up after 2 minutes.

what the fuck is the point of a fuel pump relay, if it doesn't actually do anything?
>>
This system can OBVIOUSLY send power to the pump via oil pressure override.

ITT: Someone still learning
>>
>>17468891
So that you're pump isn't running when it doesn't need to be. My car only turns the pump on when the crank sensor detects a moving crank.
>>
>>17468948
>Oil

FUEL PUMP RELAY
>>
>>17468891
Because gravity, and inconsistent fuel needs.. Put your car on an incline, or try Redlining it.
>>
>>17468891
>It keeps running
You're forgetting that the car is a complex system where the engine starting event is separate from the normal running situation.

Brief explanation of why you were confused:
http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Is-a-Fuel-Pump-Relay-/10000000177635220/g.html

>>17469599
Heh, heh, it does make sense once you think of the car as a community of parts working together where various components accept control inputs from other devices or sensors or the computer. But if you think rigidly that each part is not part of a community, but is part of a a happenstance society of parts forming a car, then no wonder you are confused.
>>
File: 1497920553766.jpg (68KB, 762x639px) Image search: [Google]
1497920553766.jpg
68KB, 762x639px
>>17468948
>send power to the pump via oil pressure override.
Fuel pumps do not work that way.
>>
>>17469629
Did rev it to 4000. Kept it running at idle for 3 minutes, it kept going.
>>
>>17469689
Yeah, some actually do. If you've got a GM engine with a 3 wire oil pressure sensor that's exactly what the third wire is for. I've had an oil pressure switch fail before and it kept my fuel pump running. The idea behind it being, in the event of complete ECU failiure, the engine can keep running to keep up vaccuum for the brakes and power steering and safely get out if the flow of traffic. In the case of the Buick 3800, there is also a very basic system built into the DFI module that will keep the coils and injectors firing in time with the engine. It won't be running well, but it will keep running.
>>
>>17470667
Is that one version of "limp home"
>>
>>17468891
You didn't pull the fuel pump relay.
You probably pulled the hazard light flasher.
If you pull the fuel pump relay, the car will die in about 5 seconds at idle.
Fucking retard.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.