[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen people hailing Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 588376153_WoSoW-XL.jpg (206KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
588376153_WoSoW-XL.jpg
206KB, 1024x683px
I've seen people hailing Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus as the pinnacle of reliability and practicality.

How come Nissan/Infiniti are never paired with reliability even though they come from the same nuked peninsula?

There HAS to be a bulletproof 500k mile Nissan somewhere out there.
>>
Ive always felt like Nissan pedals were always really far from the driver
>>
Because Honda and Toyota are known to make cars that are hard to kill. It's not uncommon to see early 90s models driving around in excellent condition. Other brands meanwhile start falling apart after their 10th year, some earlier
>>
>>17463969
They use to be almost as reliable as Honda or toyota.

The early 2000's is when they went to shit. A few years before the French came in.

Lots of old sentras and nissan mini trucks out there running around with half a million on them.

I had a infiniti g20 with 280k miles on it and it was in great shape. I got rear ended but the motor went into another one locally, got boosted, and then lived at least another 80k before I moved away from it.
>>
I drove a 2007 Nissan Versa note for 8 years and despite being a pretty boring car, aside from being dead set on throwing it's allignment off (I had it fixed 5 times throughout that time, more often with the allignment off than on) the car never really failed me until I hit the 90k km mark when first a control arm decided to randomly explode itself and only a short while after the CVT transmission starts being fucky.
It was pissing me off so I got rid of it and bought a Honda instead.
>>
File: 9-IMG-20170630-WA0015.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9-IMG-20170630-WA0015.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>17464045
Damn, this makes me appreciate my soon-to-be-gone Monty even more.

As garbage as the transmission is, it's the only thing partially fucky in this abused bad boy since I replaced the broken steering belt.

I'd probably have a mental breakdown dealing with alignments every few months or so.
>>
>>17463969
This isn't entirely accurate, but it's an anology. Take and M4 and an AK-74. The AK can take way more abuse and you'll generally find more examples that are "reliable" and "still function". This is because the AK has looser manufacturing tolerances for the vast majority of the parts, and can still operate while out of spec (imperfect seal on the piston head will still cycle the action)

This isn't to say that the M4 is less reliable, in fact I would argue that you can get more consistent performance out of an M4 with proper maintainence.

Porsches can go for fucking ever as long as you take care of them, but they go to shit after they deviate from factory spec because they are dependent on those tight tolerances to function.

Essentially it's easier to build a reliable hammer than a rocket. However, building a reliable hammer in and of itself is not easy. You need to consider the forces on the handle to ensure it doesn't split, or become damaged on handle strikes, and you need to make it replaceable without sacrificing head mounting security.

Cars come in three categories, shitty flavor of the month factory shitboxes that let people own a "new car", mass produced reliable vehicles that perform a simple task, move shit from a to b, and enthusiast performance vehicles.

You can sell all of these, and all have pros and cons. Car companies want to make money, they're a business. Even if you hate it, if it sells that's life.
>>
Nissan a shit, I've known more than a few people with more problems earlier on with newer cars than the "maymay shit VWs"
>>
>>17464755
It makes my heart warm to see a fellow /k/ommando on /o/
>>
File: 1496922748237.jpg (49KB, 330x428px) Image search: [Google]
1496922748237.jpg
49KB, 330x428px
>>17464762
not the anon you replied to, but there seems to be a lot of us
>>
>>17463969
I bought my Lexus IS350 with 72k miles on it, from some shithole lot in a brown part of town. Owned it for 1 year 3 months now and literally nothing has gone wrong. All I've done is change the oil.

Before that, I owned a Honda Civic with roughly 159k miles and still rockin' the original clutch. I beat the shit out of that car and it was a fucking tank.

So that's my experience with Lexus/Honda. I'm sure Nissan/Infiniti is fairly reliable as well, but my biggest complaint with them is poor interior quality. The materials in my friend's Infiniti are noticeably worse than my Lexus. If you look at used G37's, that finish around the steering wheel is usually peeling. Unacceptable for something that's supposed to be a luxury car.
>>
>>17464755
>>17464762
>>17464815
Anyone 11b? :-)
>>
>>17466907
I've always considered infiniti the bmw of japan, all sport and luxury 2nd. Lexus is merc because maximum comfy/quality. Acura is audi because lolfwd and the definition of badge engineering.
>>
>>17466907

my experience with nissan is poor quality interior, electrical problems and supposively the fuel line is loose and gave me trouble with the car.
>>
>>17463969
Nissan decided they don't care about reliability, driveability or anything else but profits. Their ranking on Consumer Reports has dropped to just above Fiat/ Chrysler in the last decade. So they're basically the second worst car company in America.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.