[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna take a moment to honour a specific game, or I guess franchise:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: qwerty.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
qwerty.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
I wanna take a moment to honour a specific game, or I guess franchise: Midtown Madness.

Most of my early automotive enthusiasm can be linked to MM1/MM2 and the add-ons made by other users. The "open world" environment combined with daily driver cars you could put in those games (I'm looking at you, Qwerty_86, and half hoping you lurk here to see this) provided real connections to cars I saw in traffic throughout my childhood, and inspired car choices that I've actually bought after childhood.

Anyone feel similarly?
>>
Never played this, but you make me want to. Just by looking at the pic, it's obvious how much of an impact it had on open-world driving games.
>>
Just curious when's the last time you played it?
>>
>>17463622
I actually took this screenshot tonight lol. I dug out two old laptops and did a multiplayer LAN game.
But active playing, 10 years ago.
>>
>>17463648
Go play it again for a few hours actively so you can remember how shitty it was the whole time.
>>
>>17463472
Rip in peices sweet prince.

Loved me some MM2 when I was younger.
>>
>>17463792
But not now. Wonder why that is.
>>
I remember driving the bus in the cockpit view thing when I was like, 8 and pretending i was a bus driver lol
>>
I remember spending countless frustrating hours unlocking the humvee and aston martin in mm2. Some of those challenges were utter bullshit
>>
>>17463746
>how shitty it was
tend to disagree. the year was 1999, and as far as "free roam" games go, it might have been the only one. GTA 3 (the first GTA game that really counts as comparable) wasn't out for another 2 years.

it stands on its own merits, even if it was eclipsed by better titles later.
>>
>>17464288
You're forgetting about Driver. MM was good, but Driver is better in so many ways
>>
>>17464399
I loved Driver also, particularly the driving dynamics.

didn't care for the inability to turn the cops off (I think that was Driver), or the distinct lack of choice of vehicles to drive, or the lack of user created addons for it.

as the basic game, MM1 did lack somewhat. but most ways that it did were corrected by the enthusiast community.

and like mentioned in the OP, the daily driver car options that came out of that community made for a unique experience.
>>
>>17463472

Fuck yes, I played the shit out of MM2 when I was a kid. I spent hours just driving around aimlessly, making up stories in my head and picking places to go to and shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.