[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a dream about an El Camino that was replaced almost entirely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: fresh_elcamino_rollin_kilo_g.jpg (975KB, 2809x1493px) Image search: [Google]
fresh_elcamino_rollin_kilo_g.jpg
975KB, 2809x1493px
I had a dream about an El Camino that was replaced almost entirely with Honda parts. I've been thinking about it all day, and now I need to know. In theory, is it possible to swap various parts out in an El Camino with parts from Honda or Acura cars (engine, transmission, motor mounts, etc.)

Even if it's a shitty idea, and would ultimately impact the performance of an old 1970's El Camino, what would be the ideal parts meant for any Honda or Acura vehicle that could be stuffed into the truck? What modifications to the frame would be needed?
>>
File: honda frame.jpg (27KB, 530x331px) Image search: [Google]
honda frame.jpg
27KB, 530x331px
It is in fact a stupid idea but it would be theoretically possible to bolt an El Camino body onto a Ridgeline frame. That would be the simplest way to accomplish your dumbass idea. The rear suspension could probably be modified to match the wheelbase without chopping the frame. It probably would end up a bit taller, too.
>>
>>17463553
I see

What about just changing the engine out with an s2000 engine?
>>
File: digiads_car_ads_91519_1[1].jpg (27KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
digiads_car_ads_91519_1[1].jpg
27KB, 500x373px
>>17464099
It would require extensive fabrication. Expect $10,000 just in parts and labor alone not including the engine or car. On the other hand you could probably pull off my suggestion for under that price including both donor vehicles

It seems like what you actually want is a modern ute though. Consider importing a Holden from Australia. Pic related is 25 legal for import now. You can probably get some kind of a more vintage looking front clip if you really want 4 eyes, steel bumper etc.
>>
File: disgustedsigh.jpg (30KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
disgustedsigh.jpg
30KB, 500x359px
>putting uncountable hours and money into butchering up a 68-72 Camino so it performs worse than it did from factory 50 years ago and has no market value

If you want a Camino in that body style with modern equipment, do a tasteful resto mod. There's a huge aftermarket for these utes as they're basically just chevelles with beds. It's still going to cost a fortune though. Or just buy a never ute on the cheap.
>>
>>17464570
>out of all the utes that are over 25 years old, he chooses the motherfucking VP/ VN.

What did OP do to you, man? Kill your dog?
>>
>>17464765
>wanting seppo's to export the good utes

Go shove a burning hot four and twenty up your bum, mate.
>>
Why would you put some torqueless Honda engine into an El Camino?
>>
>>17464878

Because he's a teenager, who thinks el Caminos are cool, and that Honda engines are cool, so combining both would make it the coolest car ever!!!!

If he wasn't a teenager, and had any technical knowledge, he'd realize how stupid this idea was.
>him asking "what mods would be needed to the frame" proves this point
>>
>>17464691
>>17464878
leave that poor car alone, op
>>
>>17464894
Actually it's a shitty idea I thought of while tripping out and I wasted a perfectly good quad asking it

>>17464570
I would like an Ute, I don't live in Mexico but I live where there are lots of Mexicans, and once in a blue moon I see a Chevrolet Tornado; of course I never see one listed on the classified ads or at a used car dealer
>>
>>17467292
>Chevrolet Tornado

can you even import those into the US?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.