[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else unironically like the prius? It is one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: briusx-DDDD.jpg (177KB, 1128x500px) Image search: [Google]
briusx-DDDD.jpg
177KB, 1128x500px
Does anyone else unironically like the prius? It is one of the most impressive automotive inventions and is unapologetic about what it hopes to achieve: excellent gas mileage. Everything on this car is engineered for maximum efficiency, the shape is an acquired taste. It may seem hideous but it was literally engineered for maximum aerodynamics, again for maximum efficiency. I think that car "enthusiasts" hate on the prius because they
(a) Either don't understand it
(b) are too broke to buy one
or (c) because they're betas who can't form their own opinions and instead rely on hivemind circlejerks
>>
it's a car for people that don't like cars
which means it should be selling like crazy in modern times when people really _really_ don't give a shit about cars and take no pride in owning one
>>
>>17461494
You aren't wrong. Chevy Volt is better. More electric range
>>
>>
>>17461494
It has its place. There's a lot of people that have a monster truck they use for short range towing and hauling and for long distance trips, they get out the Prius.
>>
>>17461494
>pay a premium over a corolla that will never be made up by gas mileage
>expensive repairs
>supports open pit lithium mining in china that is the opposite of environmentally conscious
>barely competes with a diesel
Why would you buy one?
>>
File: FCXClarity.jpg (26KB, 700x330px) Image search: [Google]
FCXClarity.jpg
26KB, 700x330px
>>17461707
This.

>buying a car with an electric motor
>anything but an FCX Clarity
It's just like an electric car but instead of lithium batteries is uses hydrogen, the most abundant element in the universe, and its only emission is water. You get a better range than a battery powered EV, and it takes a few minutes to fill the tank instead of hours.

I really wish these took off.
>>
>>17461519
>a poster using the name Alphonse saying a GM product is better than one of its competitors
Never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>It is one of the most impressive automotive inventions and is unapologetic about what it hopes to achieve: excellent gas mileage.

this is a bunch of hipster bullshit

my 1991 honda civic with an 1.5l HF engine gets better gas mileage than any prius on the road

50+ MPG motherfucker

world record breaking fuel economy from the 1.5l HF hondas . 100++++
>>
>>17461860
MUH PRIUS
MUH INNOVATION

https://www.treehugger.com/cars/modified-honda-crx-hf-wins-fuel-economy-competition-with-118-mpg.html
>>
>>17461840
how do think the clarity store the electricity it's fuel cell generates?

spoiler/ lithium battery
>>
>>17461887
Shit, confused it with the 2005 concept for a minute. The concept had a super capacitor, no li-ion battery. The production one does, but it's not nearly as large or heavy as a normal EV's battery.
>>
>>17461707
>Option (b) spotted
>>
>>17461860
Now add dampening, 5 star safety airbags+crumple zones, heated leather seats + other amenities and see what the mileage is. Any tin can with an engine can get """""impressive"""""" mileage but its still a tin can
>>
>>17462356
>pay more for gas mileage
>never recoup
It's a corolla for soc teachers who can't do simple math.
>>
>>17461494
I haven't driven the 4th gen, but my family has owned 2nd and 3rd gen Priuses and I've driven them extensively.

My main complaint with the 3rd gen is that it's just a very unpleasant car to drive. Everything about the interior environment is poorly thought out.

The infotainment system has an undersized and overly cluttered screen and a very awkward UI, maps in particular are nearly useless because the text is so small on everything. Oh, and the backup camera (which you need, since you can't see shit out the back) blows, they must have bought a batch of surplus '90s camcorder sensors or something, 'cause it's noisy as hell at night, washes out in sun, and it's displayed through the aforementioned shit screen.

Physical buttons are undersized as well, and are laid out in a way that makes it impossible to control things with muscle memory, so you have to stare at it instead. (The buttons are all flat, rectangular, and laid out in a grid.) I don't know why they didn't expand the controls into the acres of empty plastic in the interior. Also, special points for putting some buttons (seat heaters) under the fucking center console "bridge" thingy.

The seat and steering wheel positions are awful and seem to be designed for somebody with the proportions of a chimpanzee.

Blind spots abound and make lane changes scary.

Interior storage blows, there's nowhere to put your stuff while driving. (Not even your keys, unless you want to take up one of the cupholders.) There's ostensibly a storage space under the console, but it barely has a lip around it, so your shit goes flying out and ends up under the pedals as soon as you turn a corner. The double glovebox is kinda nice I guess.

Oh, and everything is covered in bizarre eco-friendly fake leather.
>>
>>17462463
>Blind spots abound and make lane changes scary
is this why prius drivers are so shit? because they literally can't see out of it?
>>
>>17461849
chevy bolt and bolt are good tho. pretty much only gm products i would buy
>>
>>17462654
>chevy bolt
huh?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.