[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on a shit BMW 318 as an entry level track beater?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 00i0i_h1uYj6s4R0B_600x450.jpg (26KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00i0i_h1uYj6s4R0B_600x450.jpg
26KB, 337x450px
Thoughts on a shit BMW 318 as an entry level track beater?

https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/6176516801.html

I've never been to a track, let alone driven on one. I know miatas are meme (and realistically ideal) but I just don't like them.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>17461423
Good choice but lack of power might annoy you
>>
>>17461518
I thought about looking for an M3, or at least a 325 or 326, but I figured it might make sense to learn my way around a track in something that's a bit under powered as a first timer.
>>
>>17461579
Understandable, but you have to consider horsepower depreciation with a car this old.

It will get old really fast.
>>
File: KIMG0028.jpg (244KB, 1143x643px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0028.jpg
244KB, 1143x643px
>>17461354
i have one its alot of fun but yea it is prettly low on power its the only thing i dont like about it
>>
>>17464116
alost your also gona eventually end up replacing the whole cooling system
>>
Old 3 series are for that just dont use it a DD.
>>
Sorry OP hijacking your thread.
How much trouble would it be to turbo a BMW like this in comparison to a miata or a Honda?
>>
>>17461354
That is not a good track car. A 323, 325, or 328 would be better.

the 318 had the rear suspension of the E30, as well as the interior of an E30.

These are only a meme in BMW-owner land where the real autists there jack off to dropping an I6 into the 318 and letting the lighter weight do the work of being faster than other 3-series.
>>
Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

Really i love the e36. but cooling system will prob have to be replaced ASAP. No LSD. Those are somewhat glaring. You could get by either way certainly but yea you said entry level track beater. i think dollar for dollar the miata always wins.
>>
>>17461354

FYI:
The E36 compacts use the same rear suspension as the E30 instead of the more modern/sophisticated multilink setup that the coupes and sedans got.
As a result they're a lot more unstable in the rear and are more likely to lose the rear end.

Whether that's a good thing or not is up to you.
>pro: more sideways fun if you want to fuck around
>con: not as good/fast if you want to do proper lap time trackwork
>>
>>17464467
reputable turbo kits will cost about the same. But tuning may cost much more. These are old bosch systems, and actually take boost ok, but they don't allow you to really get much out of the motor. You might as well just boost an I6 E36 and take advantage of more options.
>>
>>17461579
just get a 325i. better in every way.
>>
>>17464493
Kay, so just buy a Z3 and enjoy my light weight I6
>>
>>17461354

>tinted windows
>"evil look" headlight blinds

The car went through chav hell and back.
Only a fool would buy this shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.