[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a fear of getting a rwd car because I live in the north

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: download (4).jpg (5KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
5KB, 260x194px
>have a fear of getting a rwd car because I live in the north
>remember it doesn't snow that much anymore, maybe a few days out of the year instead of a few months

Thanks climate change
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (106KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
106KB, 1180x842px
>>17460756
no problem
>>
>>17460756
It's not that bad, you just have to know your cars limits.
>>
>>17460763
I owned a crown vic back when it use to snow a lot, I couldn't even get out of my driveway, got a Subaru legacy and never had a problem after that.

But it barely snows anymore so I'm going to buy an old lexus and give my legacy to my gf since she really wants it
>>
I don't know where the fuck you guys are from but in MN it goes like this:
>one to three days it snows
>but it drops about 7-10 inches each time
>snows one day spend the next 3 months trying to melt 10 inches of snow
>JUST IN TIME FOR THE NEXT FUCKING 7-10 INCHES
>>
>>17460786
I've had no issues in the snow in my old Lexus, so I think you'll be fine.
>>
File: IMAG0475.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0475.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>17460756
I've been stuck in the snow once or twice

It isn't so bad, need to remain calm and just figure it out

I picked up some road sand recently and haven't had a need to use it this year but I did get stuck in late 2015/early 2016

Learn how to drive, there's nothing wrong with a rwd during winter months
>>
>never ever snows anymore in north germany
>one rainy evening, very late, weekends, nobody on the road
>suddenly: TURBOFROST
>road is literally lava(ice)
>grab my RWD and drive(slide) to my old school's parking lot
>go ham for the next hour or so doing drifts and donuts
>parking lot actually has something about a 2% decline once you leave the road leading to it
>literally CANNOT drive up back on the street
>have to turn on eurobeat on max and do a powerslide over the entire parking lot to get enough momentum and somehow end up back on the road without flying into the bushes

was the most fun night i had in years
>>
How come nobody buys winter tires? All seasons are a fucking joke anywhere that gets real winter. You can even buy just two for the rear if a red car if money is tight although having four is better for turning and stopping obviously. I had a rust bucket Firebird for years and it handled New England snow with no problem thanks to winter tires and a limited slip rear axle.
>>
>>17460889
*rwd, not red, fucking autocorrect
>>
>>17460889
Wniter tires

Whee do you keep them and do you invest in a new rim setup as well?

The money isnt' an issue for me, I just don't have the space
>>
>>17460889
Eh, winter tires are good but the overall characteristics of the car are more important I would argue. Like winter tires on a BRZ or Miata arent as good as all seasons on a heavy FWD or SUV with good ground clearance. People have a hard time swallowing this red pill but it's true. A/S arent that bad. Just go slow
>>
>>17460902
Of course something like an SUV is better suited to winter from the get-go than a Miata or a BRZ but its definitely not "more important". Winter tires have a different compound than all season or summer tires that enable them to stay softer than other tires at low temperatures and they have a different tread design all of which enables them to perform when other tires become frozen useless rocks.

>>17460898
Yes, put them on spare wheels. Whatever tires I'm not using get put in trash bags and stored under my bed. They don't actually take up much space unless you drive a truck or crossover, you could even stack them in a corner of a room and put a cloth over them so you don't just have this stack of bagged tires looking ugly in the corner of your room.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.