[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i went for a remap on my car yesterday , after about 3 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1409514368746.jpg (53KB, 523x700px) Image search: [Google]
1409514368746.jpg
53KB, 523x700px
So i went for a remap on my car yesterday , after about 3 hours of waiting around after the tuner said it would take about an hour he tells me my car needs a new ECU. What the hell happened ? i took in a working car and now it wont start.
>>
>>17460398
you should ask the shop what happened

be like "hey, so uh, why is it not working" and they'll be like "the ecu broke" then you be like "when did it break?" then watch them get all pissed off
>>
>>17460398
They bricked your ECU.
>>
>>17460398
It's their fault. Get them to pay for one. They reflashed it incorrectly and now it's fucked.
>>
>>17460398

Contact an attorney. Get some legal advice then tell them you will sue. Even if you don't plan to sue, this will scare most people. Also threaten to post about your experience on yelp and google reviews. Reputation means everything these days.
>>
File: 1477562916495.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477562916495.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>17460449
>>17460728

>Thinking he has any legal recourse for a custom tune resulting in part failure.

Seriously though, they've undoubtedly covered themselves for this in whatever waiver you signed before they touched your car.
>>
>>17460398
>not doing your own remaping
Why are you on /o/?
>>
>>17460398
Were they
>Mexican
>Backyard mechanics

Because then you deserve it. If not they sell ECUs at Autozone and you just have to take this hit. Give them a bad Yelp review or something.
>>
>>17460887
>they sell ECUs at Autozone
$895 and up.
>>
>>17460777

FYI, those waivers don't mean shit. Any judge worth their salt will ignore it. When you hire a "professional" to do something, the expectation is that they know what the fuck their doing, and that they shouldn't damage anything.

The waiver is to discourage people from even trying, thinking they've signed their rights way. Its like an EULA. Looks nice, feels nice, but doesn't mean shit when it comes down to it.

OP, you paid for a professional service and received the exact opposite. Tell them you buy you a new ECU or take them to court.
>>
>>17461124
this. If Tiger Woods couldn't get a prenup to hold up in court some little shit tuning shop that depending on your state of residence is definitely screwed due to regulations (if existing)
>>
>>17460777
>they've undoubtedly covered themselves for this in whatever waiver you signed before they touched your car.
Depends on your state. My former state attorney general set up a lot of good automobile consumer protection laws before she quit. One of the things she said was that dealers and shops often have service contracts that make you think you've given up your rights when you have not. She said those laws are administered by the state government and not by you, so you the consumer cannot sign certain rights away because the state always chooses to enforce those laws.

Those contracts do that only to fool you into not defending your rights. You have rights, but there are times the unjust people will force you to defend them in court.
>>
>>17460398
>So i went for a remap on my car yesterday
If this is a licensed and registered official business, then you have recourse. If this is some want advertisement service where private individuals do this, then you'll have a tough time even with a lawsuit.
>>
>illegally defeating your smog equipment
>expecting judicial relief
>>
>>17462431
That has nothing to do, you dolt.

Whatever the service you're in for, you, as a consumer, expect the professional service provider to be professional and do just what you asked. Not to break whatever was in your car that wasn't broke.
In the case they actually break something, you have every right to demand compensation.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.