[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best first car for <£5000. Insurance is a killer here and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ziggy2.jpg (231KB, 1215x911px) Image search: [Google]
ziggy2.jpg
231KB, 1215x911px
Best first car for <£5000.

Insurance is a killer here and ideally shouldn't be more than £1500 annually.
>>
Get something with an old man stigma attached to it, like a Passat or Avensis.
Avoid anything with a "GTI", "Sport" or "RS" badge.
>>
>>17460184
Miata
>>
>>17460184
A bus pass
>>
>>17460191
Better to call your insurance adjuster and ask what is cheapest in your area. There are more factors than just who drives it.
>>
>>17460184
insurance will be more than 1.5k if your car is worth anything near that. avoid anything with an engine over 1.3l in general. if you just want to bear with it for a year get a ka, they are dirt cheap, but pretty shit. the best one to get would be the sport ka, they have about 100hp, and are still dirt cheap to insure. if you dont mind something that will cost more to insure per year see how much an mx5 will be, you can get a decent one for around 1k, and once you are past your first year the insurance will drop by quite a bit. Ive also heard good things about the swift sport, but im a poorfag so havnt looked at them. c2s are pretty good on insurance too, but the only ones worth getting are the vts and code, they both have the 125hp engine, the code has better equipment. steering and gearshift are supposed to be numb though, but might be fixable with some modification. Reliability is suposed to be shit as well, though most of the issues are with the semi auto box, which the vts and code dont have. if you want something older minis are supposed to be dirt cheap to insure, just make sure you get one without rust.
>>
>1997 BMW 318i
>is automatic
Is there a reason why I shouldn't get this as my first car? it seems pretty great, especially at 1900 usd
>>
>>17460550
Boyracer bait, although it being auto makes up for that a bit.
Other than that, the 4 cylinder E36s are pretty slow, but should be solid if the previous owners kept up on maintenance.
>>
>>17460184
MK6 Fiesta.

Cheap, Economical, reliable, easy to work on

Insurance will be killer whatever car you buy.
>>
>>17460564
>Boyracer bait
not sure I know what boyracer means
do you mean people will try to goad me into racing them at intersections?
I'm new.
>>
>>17460578
Chavs love BMWs, especially cheap ones. A cheap BMW is likely to have been abused by chavs in the past.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.