[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so we all know fun and unique vehicles are being cucked by dumbass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 107_0731.jpg (55KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
107_0731.jpg
55KB, 639x479px
so we all know fun and unique vehicles are being cucked by dumbass emissions and efficiency regulations. theyre retarded because theyre bureaucratic and muh feels laws with little basis in science and reality
>hurr i think an economy car should be as safe as a tank but still get 150 mpg and have less emissions than lighting a match despite weighing 5 tons
we know that a vehicle has to meet epa laws in order to be sold from the manufacturer/dealer to the customer, but once the customer has it he can do, for all intents and purposes, whatever the fuck he wants with it. we also know that dealer installed mods are a thing, like superchargers and exhaust systems as well as offering crate engines. these things are not subject to epa regulation, aside from cats and shit. why dont manufacturers just do this:
>ford wants to sell a new ranchero
>ford develops chassis thats actually ranchero sized rather than just an f150 jr
>sticks in a 1l shitcoboost as the only factory option to appease the epa mafia
>'cheros get shipped to ford dealers
>ford instructs dealers to offer a v6/v8 engine upgrade on every one to be performed after the sale is complete for a set price, minus the buyback of the completely unused stock engines
>just so happens the mounts, exhaust, transmission, and other parts happen to mount right up to the upgrade engine with a factory avaliable adapting kit
>however since this was done on the order of the customer after the sale it is not subject to emissions and efficiency laws any more than a catback or turbo install is
>also since this is a factory approved dealer install the warranty is still intact
>wonder how that happened ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>just finish the sale of the car, leave it at the dealer for a few days and come pick up your uncucked ameri-ute
>epa cant do shit because its a post sale modification and does not violate consumer level regulations
tell me this isnt the most 10/10 plan for the company and consumer to get what they want with minimal hassle.
>>
>>17454622
tl;dr
>>
>>17454667
company offers shitty epa friendly engine to get the chassis it wants out without cucking it (like new colorados being almost the size of a 1500 rather than an actual mini truck), gives dealers crate engines to install as a dealer option after the sale to avoid epa bullshit for customers
>>
>>17454683
How do you fuck up a quote like that?
>>
>>17454686
Just woke up and haven't prepped my shitposting engine with coffee, friend.
>>
>>17454676
chevy and ford are almost there already, both sell new crate engines, i assume dodge does too but i'm not sure
just gotta install it yourself

>>17454683
maybe he's jelly of aussie utes
>>
>>17454696
>chevy and ford are almost there already, both sell new crate engines, i assume dodge does too but i'm not sure
>just gotta install it yourself
it's federally illegal to install those crate engines in any car made after 1975 for use on public roads. The gotcha is if the car post-75 had one of those engines in the first place, regardless you can't legally put a 454 into your shitbox.
>>
>>17454622

There are a couple of examples of this already in the real world. Hennessey does something similar by taking stock commercial vehicles and then kitting them with a performance package that they have managed to streamline. There is also that Mustang dealership that sells you a brand new mustang in addition to doing a bunch of motor work.

Anyways, what you are suggesting has many problems. The EPA is far more strict than you can think and actually has guidelines for motor swaps and emissions that apply to consumers but mainly exist to keep manufacturer in check. In other words, there is no legal way to do what you want to do other than on an enthusiast/personal/consumer level. Also, emissions aren't suddenly a non-issue just because you are making post sale modifications. You can make whatever post sale modification you want - but it still has to pass the emissions tests in accordance with your state's guidelines. You can absolutely forget about shit like this in California.

But yes, I mostly agree. it would be cool.
>>
Sounds like a huge hassle when customers want vehicles with higher gas mileage and you can use that as a marketing gimmick to make them buy a new vehicle.
see. ECOBOOST
>>
>>17454825

the big 3 all sell crate engines that meet emissions standards for every state. Not every one does though
>>
>>17454825
>you can't legally put a 454 into your shitbox.
Yes you can so long as the engine is the same year or newer with all emissions intact.
>>
>>17454825
>you can't legally put a 454 into your shitbox.

The fuck I can't. Next door neighbors got a V8 swapped S10. Guy up the roads got a turd gen with an LS in it.

Living in a flyover with no emissions laws has it's perks.
>>
>>17454917
I've seen videos of people in CA talking about swapping in a whole new engine just to pass smog and then swapping it right back out once they were done. Very few people are going to go to those lengths though.
>>
>>17454622
I know in places like Wyoming, it's pretty common to cut out the cat and weld a straight pipe in and then do things to the O2 sensor so the CEL stays off or just drive it with the CEL on.
>>
Its basically what bike companies do with their safety/emissions equipment.

For example, the monstrocity of a muffler on this bike also contains the catalytic converter, and is convienantly flanged so an aftermarket setup is ~300$ and 15 minutes to install.

Also the hideous license plate/reflector holders are always held in with basically two bolts and are a 30$ / 10 minute job to delete. Thanks based japs!
>>
>>17455652
>Living in a flyover with no emissions laws has it's perks.
Kek, yes it does
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.