[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bmw 325i >"it over heated and needs a head gasket"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: bmw-325i-2004-wallpaper-6.jpg (540KB, 865x575px) Image search: [Google]
bmw-325i-2004-wallpaper-6.jpg
540KB, 865x575px
>bmw 325i
>"it over heated and needs a head gasket"
>"starts and runs" "But plug fowling causes hesitation"
Should I even bother? If I can get it for cheap and replace the head gasket, what are the odds that it fucked something else up?
>>
No.
>>
>>17453437
The odds are about 80% youll spend minumin 2k in repairs
>>
>buying a bmw out of warrenty

Good job OP ur learning the hard way
>>
Overheated.

Head/block may need decked. Unless its cheap AF and you are willing to gamble with your money avoid.

"Plug fouling" doesn't fucking cause hesitation, something is fouling the plugs. Faulty o2 sensor, bad MAF, something is fucking with fuel or it's burning oil.
>>
>>17453442
>>17453445
>>17453446
>>17453448
ok, thats sorta what I suspected. I was thinking of offering $300 or something. Guy thinks hes going to get kbb fair price.

forgot to add the "smokes" part, sorta of a given though
>>
>>17453445
>$2k for an M54 head gasket job
Lol no. It's a 20 hour job so that's 2 grand+ just into labor. It's legitimately cheaper to have a shop put in a used engine.
>>
>>17453437
why did you let it overheat dummi
>>
>>17453475
let me put it this way.

If your friendo selling the car here stopped immediately after munching the head gasket, there would be no damage.

More likely than not, he didn't notice until his car overheated, his engine oil turned the color and consistency of regurgitated Baileys, and his car started shitting smurf dust out of the exhaust.

If you buy it you more than deserve to eat the loss in repairs.
>>
>>17454327
buy it for $200, part the good parts of the engine, stab in an ls
>>
>>17454351
good idea tb h
>>
>>17453437
New engine costs $1000 with 120k miles on it. I wouldn't even bother with the current engine. You might be able to swap it for a M54B30 but i don't know if you would need an ecu or other stuff.
>>
>>17454327
>>17454603
Ok thanks for all of the advice.
>>17454577
what good parts of the engine do you mean? Do people really buy second hand engine parts like that
>>
a v o i d

e46 isn't worth it unless it's well cared for and has maintenance records
and one of those is like 6 grand and up
>>
>>17453437
>But plug
Tee hee
>>
>>17453437
Unless you're picking it up to do something like 24hrsoflemons, where you tow it there and back, I'd stay away from it, if you want it as a DD.
>>
>>17456959
>>17457341
idk, it looked clean as fuck but Im going to follow the advice here. If I wanted patio furniture Id just go to lowes.
>>
Eurofag here, i just saw an advertisement for what seems to be a mint 1993 E36 318i with roughly 50000 miles on it; the engine bay is clean as fuck as well as the body, the guy is selling it for 1200€.
Where's the scam?
Also what should i look out for if i test drive it?
I know these engines are generally reliable but i'm concerned with electronics, suspensions and lines.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.