[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, this shit is blowing my mind https://drivetribe.com/p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: E3bJzEL9S-SgjfF2f68dpg.jpg (85KB, 1400x1299px) Image search: [Google]
E3bJzEL9S-SgjfF2f68dpg.jpg
85KB, 1400x1299px
Guys, this shit is blowing my mind

https://drivetribe.com/p/why-the-honda-f1-engines-dont-work-KoaasvPrSsSbgUo45P8ARg?iid=MOtYZhBjTsiTQ3Mos7jPBQ

F1 cars are running turbo gas engines with ignition coming from compression like a diesel. They're even adding additional oil to the mix.

Then there's some other shit that.... I'm not even sure I understand.... There's pre-ignition chambers that have the air/fuel mix already starting to ignite while entering the compression chamber. And they have them mapped to do all this shit WITH BOOST AND 15,000 RPM. WUT.
>>
>>17449393
Great job in discovering two strokes my man.
>>
Didn't know about that last minute change to bp oil that mclaren forced.

Seems like Honda isn't all to blame for their shit.
>>
>>17449433
I didn't know that they were considered to be that close to success. Sounds like they just need a week of testing sessions and they'd be squared away.
>>
There is no ignition point in a diesel, that pic is retarded. The diesel is literally the same as the last one but with a glow plug to aid in initial ignition.
>>
>>17449393
The article is written by a journalist with a very basic understanding of the ICE.
It's full of inaccuracies. The guy should stick to discussing simulated lap times like the rest of /o/
>>
>>17449448
it would make sense that the ignition starts at the injector, no? it's certainly not homogenous which is what the picture wants to show for HCCI where air/fuel mix is sucked into the engine before the compression begins.
>>
I don't get it how is this new?
>>
>>17449455
>no?
No, the injector is the coldest part of the combustion chamber.
>>
File: 23lkfj.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
23lkfj.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
Whoever made that diagram does not know how a diesel motor works. The glow plug is there only to pre-heat the cylinder during startup. Glow plugs don't ignite the mixture.

Diesel engines ignite with compression temperature, just like these HCCI motors. My 6.5 also has a pre-ignition chamber over direct injection.
>>
>>17450822
>i fuck dogs, spin out in slow cars, and know fuckall about anything mechanica
>>
>>17449393
from regulation f1 engine still need a plug and coil check it out.

https://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/A0425C3A0A7D69C0C12578D3002EBECA/$FILE/2014_F1_TECHNICAL_REGULATIONS_-_Published_on_20.07.pdf

>5.9.1 Ignition is only permitted by means of a single ignition coil and single spark plug per cylinder.
>The use of plasma, laser or other high frequency ignition techniques is forbidden.
>5.9.2 Only conventional spark plugs that function by high tension electrical discharge across an
exposed gap are permitted.
>>
>>17450830
> someone namefagging as Murphy is the same as mrcummy

Holy shit. Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>17449402
These are not two strokes. HCCI engines have been in development for upwards of 25 years.
>>
It sounds like the difficulty of mapping fuel/air mixtures for HCCI for racing applications will require machine learning that creates new maps on the fly, in response to input from various sensors.

And it makes me wonder if Mazda is really going to be shipping cars with HCCI engines as early as next year.
>>
>>17449393
>i just learned what compression ignition is
good job
>>
>>17451972
Mercedes and Ferrari have been doing it for two seasons
>>
>>17451972
we live on a planet with creatures that are literally smashing particles together so fast that they create mini blackholes and somehow having on-the-fly air fuel ratio changes seems outlandish to you?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.