[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, help a brother out with your amazing knowledge. >motor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: spark-plug-1-of-12.jpg (473KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
spark-plug-1-of-12.jpg
473KB, 800x510px
/o/, help a brother out with your amazing knowledge.

>motor starts to run a little hot at lower RPMs
>occasional hesitation and slight misfires on acceleration at lower RPMs
>hooked up scanner, temps are getting higher in closed loop
>Hit open loop and temps go down quickly

I suspect I'm running a tad lean, problem is, I changed my fuel filter, changed air filter, ran some injector cleaner through it with extra concentration, and it's still running warmer than I'd like (aluminum heads, don't wanna fuck around with temperatures).

Thoughts on what it could be? Bad O2 sensors? Bad MAF? Bad cats? Bad injectors? I verified it isn't coolant-related.

>Pic slightly related, bad plugs after running lean, but not mine
>>
Check temp sensor. Make sure that the thermostat is working properly. Next check water pump. Work your way from the easiest fix to the hardest fix.
>>
>>17446404
Are your plugs gapped correctly?
>>
If it seems to just happen in closed loop, I'd suspect the O2 sensor. Is it a custom tune? If so, check the target lambda values of you can.
>>
>>17446404
Check the O2 sensors, before and after the catalyst. And check the MAF/MAP sensors(though I don't think that is were the problem is).
>>
>>17446462
It's good, checked it, and checked entire cooling system, also recently replaced radiator and fan
>>17446464
Yes, OEM plugs gapped correctly

>>17446481
Checking those next, though i'm still a noob with reading sensors and lambda values, etc. Not sure what those are

>>17446501
That's my plan, I ordered a new MAF sensor since I found an OEM one cheap
>>
>>17446462

this
just replace the thermostat

you cannot "check" the thermostat, unless you do a specific test which involves removing it, placing it in boiling water, and watching it open and then close when you place it in cold water
>>
further on the check list, Fuel Pressure Regulator.
>>
How are your fuel trims? LTFT should be at least +-5% better if +-2%. If it is positive you are running lean and it would throw a code if over %10. Probably not a clogged filter or fpr or pump if your trims are not way off but fresh stuff will keep it closer to 0%.

Watch the temperature of your coolant with a scanner/bluetooth device+app as you drive. Should hover around your thermostat opening temp after it warms up. Check that all fans are switching on properly if electric, turn on ac to get the aux fan to come on if you have one. Check fan clutch if mechanical.

Last thought is that your waterpump is failing... a cracked/broken impeller would have shit flow at low rpm and be ok as it spins up
>>
>>17446404
Fuel:
>Check pressure coming from the fuel pump, if it's low, replace fuel pump.
>Check injectors, injector cleaner additives don't really work well

Computer:
>Are the O2 sensors reading properly?
>Possibility of a clogged cat (would cause issues at low RPM, at high RPM exhaust velocity and pressure is high enough for it not to be as large of an issue)
>Is your MAF operating properly?
>Have you tried resetting your ECU? Perhaps it confused itself with some timing, this could solve it

Spark:
>Make sure you have the right spark plugs, gapped correctly, and new

Air:
>You don't have a clogged filter do you?

Feel free to add or comment on this other anons
>>
>>17446669
This, there's no reason not to replace the thermostat once you have it out. They're a few dollars at most.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.