[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good afternoon /o/. I don't usually come here, but I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: meh.ro12091.jpg (338KB, 1438x806px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro12091.jpg
338KB, 1438x806px
Good afternoon /o/. I don't usually come here, but I had a question, and you guys are the best to answer it.
Long and short, I want a DeLorean... Or, rather, an electric car with a DeLorean body.
I realize how insane the request may sound, but I want to know where to start my quest. Can I buy a body kit for this? Does the DmC still exist in any major degree? Is there such a thing as an electric car frame on which to put a body? What kind of budget will I need?

Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>17441521
fuck off
>>
>>17441533
It's a real question, I'm not trolling, or anything.
I'm legitimately curious.
>>
DeLoreans are fucking garbage. Unless you're a midget, you're going to feel severely cramped. The panel gap is laughable on most of the cars, especially the later ones. The stock engine and transmission are both anemic as fuck.

They're horrible cars.
>>
>>17441543
Engine woes won't be an issue, Again, I want a DeLorean body on top of an Electric car, essentially. Where do I start?
>>
>>17441547
Doesn't Matt Farah have a video about exactly what you're talking about? Fucking go search that you helpless cunt.
Also this >>17441533
>>
>>17441551
Matt Farah? I'm looking it up now, thanks!
>>
>>17441547
>buy deloreaon for a shit load of money
>rip out engine
>install tons of batteries to make it super heavy
>install brushless motor in rear
>spend $10's of thousands to modify and install everything
>have a slow car
>with the range of 100-150miles
>have no ac unless you spend a ton getting a new unit installed
>wire up all the electronics to work off battery without the ecu
>for no fucking reason
>>
Well, I'm seeing that the DeLorean is a bad car, I get that.
But what if I just want it to LOOK like one?
Can I get a body to go over something? An electric base? Where can I get a body to do that? Can I order a kit for one?
>>
>>17441593
Just get a better 80s sports car. Literally any American sports car from the 80s will perform better.
>>
>>17441624
I'm looking for an electric car with a 1980s Aesthetic. DeLorean seemed the best looking, but, in your idea, is there another body kit for an 80s car that is easier to get?
>>
>>17441632
No, get the delorean.
>>
File: porsche-normal.jpg (455KB, 1200x461px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-normal.jpg
455KB, 1200x461px
>>17441632
here mother fucker. get a porsche 944 and go crazy.
>>
>>17441656
Cool, that was my initial plan anyway. But, how do I get the body for it, and what is the process for putting it on an electric car frame and/or converting it?
>>
EV deloreans are already a thing
and it's basically an improvement since the original engine is shitty garbage
>>
>>17441665
Tens of thousands of dollars for an extremely cramped car with horrible build quality. Just get yourself a hollowed out 80s Nissan Pulsar for a few hundred dollars.
>>
It isn't rocket science man. You need to buy a fucking Delorean and then gut it. You're probably looking at anywhere from $20k-$30k for an OK condition one. I hope you have some decent autobody skills because you'll have a great opportunity to clean it up once the engine and transmission are out.
>>
>>17441632
You must be a big city American, liberal to a fault and obsessed with 80s pop culture.
>>
>>17441821

This. Also OP is definitely from plebbit.
>>
>>17441934
>Tfw live in suburban area.
>TfW libertarian leaning conservative
>Tfw new retro/80s is still very appealing to me.
>>
>>17441998
Just drop an LS in it and get it over with.
Electric a shit.
>>
File: zombie 222 electric mustang.jpg (263KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
zombie 222 electric mustang.jpg
263KB, 960x640px
>>17442147
meanwhile
this thing exists
>>
File: 100_6907[1].jpg (117KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
100_6907[1].jpg
117KB, 800x500px
I don't really know why anyone ever wanted such a thing even then let alone now but buy a 1980 Bradley GT II electric car
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.