[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What about Water Wetter, /o/? Are the other benefits, besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 51hq-uGL1IL._SY679_.jpg (35KB, 257x679px) Image search: [Google]
51hq-uGL1IL._SY679_.jpg
35KB, 257x679px
What about Water Wetter, /o/? Are the other benefits, besides cooler temperatures, true? Is it retarded to use it if you don't live in the desert or on the race track? Does the thermostat in your car completely defeat the purpose of this stuff in every day traffic or even slightly hard driving?

Does it taste good?
>>
>>17439573
It's for use when you are only running WATER in your system due to track regs. Coolant is slippery as fuck... this shit makes water cool better.

I doubt there is much, if any benefit, to just tossing it into a street car for any reason.
>>
>>17439598
So I did waste $6 tossing this in my shitbox because thought it would help my coolant run... wait for it.... coooler.
>>
>>17439598
Street cars could run 100% distilled water in summer. Could be useful in traffic jams on a hot day. But I wonder if the other benefits, (forget most of them, something about corrosion protection) are true at all.
>>
>>17439631
I have 100% tap water in my car at the moment.
I needed to make sure the coolant system was leak free before wasting good coolant on it. Good thing too because it leaked like a fucking sieve.
>>
>>17439647
Y-you're going to flush it with some distilled water soon, right?
>>
>>17439659
nah, I'll just drain it and fill it with 50:50 glycol
>>
its just a surfactant

it helps a little bit but wont hurt
>>
>>17439631
>100% distilled water
that's highly corrosive. Better to have a little scale with tap water.
>>
>>17439605
Pretty much.
>>
>>17441174
STFU you ass.
>>
>>17441209
Do the research. How do you think the naturally occurring ions got there in the first place?
>>
>>17441317

If you make the claim you also need to supply the evidence, it's not up to him to do your research
>>
>>17441326
kek stfu manbaby
>>
>>17441326
The HOH they use in nuclear reactors is absolutely pure. Any salt in the water would cause corrosion of the stainless steel due to heat and pressure. The dissolved minerals in tap water are called salts. Of course, most people only use "salt" to refer to sodium type minerals. But other salts will corrode metals too.
>>
Minerals occur in water because water dissolves minerals such as iron and aluminum. Once saturation is reached, water loses its affinity for said mineral.
>>
>>17441174
You fucking nigger. It's just for cooling, I'm not doing mad physics. I don't need any scale in my engine you ass, just a cooling medium.
>>
>>17441174
It's not really as it already has a load of gasses dissolved in it. Anyway as soon as it's in your coolant system it will dissolve and mix with any old coolant, engine block and radiator parts until it reaches equilibrium.
I've seen the damage scale can do to a coolant system. But the easy way to remove the scale us to boil the water first. That removes co2 which makes the calcium much less soluble in water.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.