[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ quick question. Does bypassing your air conditioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: $_58.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
$_58.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
Hey /o/ quick question. Does bypassing your air conditioning actually increase horsepower or is that just a myth? Pic unrelated
>>
>>17434368

It's legit, A/C puts additional load on the engine.
>>
It increases WHP by reducing parasitic loss
>>
You don't want to bypass the system, you want to remove the A/C compressor. That being said, it's a small gain and you lose A/C. Not really worth it IMO.
>>
>>17434401
Or alternately you want to tear out the compressor, radiator and tubing completely because it reduces weight by like 50 pounds.
>>
Yes. Horsepower is lost because it takes a lot of force to turn the A/C compressor. The average person wouldn't be able to turn it under pressure even with a 3 feet breaker bar.

Your air conditioning works by compressing refrigerant using a compressor usually driven by the serpentine belt. When the A/C is turned the Compressor clutch( just an electro magnetic) forces the A/C pulley to "attach" to the input shaft of the compressor thus turning the shaft which compresses the refrigerant.
>>
Does this even apply now with clutched and variable displacement AC pumps?
>>
>someone wrong with my AC
>constantly on (low setting)
>constant loss of power
>be last night
>marginally lose a roll race to an XR6 turbo
>tfw I would've won if I could turn my fucking air con off
>>
>>17434647
***something
>>
>>17434647
Look under for your fuse box and pull the A/C relay. Or it could be called A/C clutch relay, A/C switch or any millions of names check your owners manual.

If you wanna go ghetto just cut any wires coming out of the A/C compressor
>>
ITT: people who don't know that A/C compressors have a magnetic clutch on the pulley that uncouples when you turn the A/C off
>>
>>17434411
>50 pounds on a 3000 lb object
I'll keep my comfort.
>>
>>17434647
Xr6 turbo > whatever you drive

Long live the Barra
>>
>>17436065
Only 2950 without the AC
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.