[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/. I've been learning manual, and it has come to my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: [email protected] (238KB, 2000x886px) Image search: [Google]
423801-1000-0@2x.jpg
238KB, 2000x886px
Sup /o/. I've been learning manual, and it has come to my attention that my grandfather has a '64 MG Midget mk II in his garage. He says it has bad oil rings. Is it worth the money to fix? Or would it be outragously expensive? Pic semi related
>>
>>17433353
It would be a gret project car to keep in your family, one you fix up then eventually pass on to one of your children, otherwise it is a big project and not an easy one to finish especially if you want to keep it original which is the only way it will ever be worth money.
>>
>>17433411
Well, I dont care about it being worth money, I care about it being a drivable car to be used.
>>
>>17433448
No, not a good dd at all, its the type of car you take out once a month on the weekend.
they just break down too often and have too many gremlins lurking around the engine that can cause a break down at any time while driving.

Really most 60's cars are like this especially the british ones.
>>
>>17433507
>>17433353
2 points.
1. I disagree, there are aftermarket kits that practically stop all oil leakage on these British beauties that will run you 400$ or so I hear making it a better did.

2. General mg thread, im looking into buying a 1974 mg midget mkIII that will require a ton of work, any recommendations or resources on rebuilding these engines?
>>
>>17433353
Think these run A-series engines. they're super easy to fix, and parts are available everywhere in the UK
>>
>>17433532
They run 1275 s bmc bs different than the MG As slightly
>>
>>17433526
Mk3s literally use the same engine as minis and morris minors, there's a metric boat ton of info out there on how to rebuild them. Plus they're simple as pants.
>>
>>17433448
You can make upgrades to it to make it more reliable, like a better carb or modern ignition system.
>>
So the general consensus seems to be that this is a good project? Forgot to mention I live in 'Murica, does that make fixing it harder to accomplish?
>>
>>17434766
Victoria British has you covered for everything. Every part is 30 dollars. Floor pan, oil ring, everything--- 30 bucks each.

They make great project cars when you're willing to replace the ignition system and radiator with something from this millenium, overhaul the engine and spend most of your money on upholstery and paint.
>>
>>17434780
Awesome, thanks. Sounds fun
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.