[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truck is kill. What would /o/ buy? Personally I always loved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: iwantthattruck.jpg (521KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
iwantthattruck.jpg
521KB, 2040x1360px
Truck is kill. What would /o/ buy? Personally I always loved Tacos.

>Want to be able to go offroad, occasional mud.
>Tow up to 5k max. Launch a future boat.
>MPG doesnt matter fuck the whales.

Another newer Taco? Or do you have a boner for another truck?
>>
File: ORG.jpg (474KB, 1347x779px) Image search: [Google]
ORG.jpg
474KB, 1347x779px
>>17422607
Buy a Suburban and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>17422643
>gm trash

no thanks
>>
File: raughs.jpg (56KB, 1022x547px) Image search: [Google]
raughs.jpg
56KB, 1022x547px
>>17422643
>GM
>>
File: 1485660086487.jpg (33KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
1485660086487.jpg
33KB, 660x440px
>>17422658
>>17422676
>1/4 ton toyota rust magnet is on the table for mudding and towing
>suddenly a problem with an indestructible Suburban

About the only thing you can so to extend the already absurd life expectancy of a Suburban is to drop a Cummins in it.
>>
>>17422928
My toyo wasn't properly maintained before i took ownership, and learned about proper maintenance of a vehicle. Fucker went 13 years without seeing a mechanic. It was abused thoroughly in its 250k mileage lifespan. The fact it even survived this long is testament to the glorious nippon engineering under the hood.

But i'm open to ideas. What else is out there good for what I want to do other than the Taco?
>>
>>17422953
7.3 Excursion would be FANTASTIC for the use you describe. But being only marginally better than the Suburban in stock form with a reduced aftermarket and easily 3-4 times the price, I generally can't justify recommending them.

If you're not planning on doing a ton to it and a diesel is a must, then go for the Excursion. Suburban offers much better gas options and a much lower price point though.

If you need a bed, anything from GMT400, GMT800, or Super Duty platforms is a good choice so long as it was at least half taken care of by the previous owner. Prices vary greatly depending on options, and what options to look for will depend on your personal preference. I wouldn't touch an F150 or Expedition without a warranty, and even with a warranty you're screwed when it's over and often left trying to find time to bring it in and swap out trucks with a rental IF you even get one.

I will say this, because it's something I see a LOT of misunderstanding over. When you're buying used, do NOT overlook 3/4 ton and 1 ton options because you think they're more than you need. Towing overhead is a good thing and bigger heavier duty parts last longer. When buying new you're limited on price. Buying used, you can often find HD trucks for the same or less than 1/2 tons. On the off chance it rides too rough, throw a $60 set of junkyard 1/2 ton springs in it.
>>
>>17422953
>250K
My Yukon went 450k before I exploded the tranny.
>>
>>17423065
Go buy a new 60e for $1500 and go to 900k.
>>
>>17422607
Dude most crossovers can tow 5k lbs with a tow package lmao just buy whatever you want.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.