[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Looking for some advice/input i'm relatively new to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

File: s13.jpg (489KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
s13.jpg
489KB, 1920x1280px
>Looking for some advice/input

i'm relatively new to the car scene and i've had a hyundai shitbox since i was 19 (now 22) i don't have any experience with the more technical projects. i've had this desire for about a year now to work on a car i can learn from and grow with. it's the similar feeling i had when i started building computers when i was younger. i've been lucky enough to have my father offer to help me out financially if i wish. i've been saying nothanks for about a year now (it's just a shit feeling asking for a large sum of money like that), but he has been insisting recently. i've been thinking about 240s but i think i missed the boat on them while they were cheap they all just seem over priced nowadays for what i want to do. Recently been looking at e30s and like what i see, thoughts on them. I plan on doing an engine swap regardless of what i decide to go with.

>opinions on 240s and e30s
>any personal experiences with first time builds you'd care to share?
>>
File: 180sx.jpg (977KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
180sx.jpg
977KB, 2048x1350px
>>17419277
>opinions on 240sx's and E30s

240sx's are kinda garbage. stay away from them unless you plan on buying a stock one with drift tax. (a low mileage 240sx without any rust will run you $6k+)

Also is there a specific reason why you want a 240sx?

Because you want a "cool" looking DD?

Same question for an E30... they are 30 yr old shitboxes. Fun to hoon but thats about it.

I mean what do you plan to do with whatever engine swapped rwd car? Do you plan on taking it to drift events or do you just want street cred or something?
>>
File: 33285016225_f002d91e43_k.jpg (822KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
33285016225_f002d91e43_k.jpg
822KB, 2048x1152px
>>17419277
you should just buy a Miata. less tax with them and way more fun to drive, assuming you aren't drifting it.

or E36 325i. It obviously has more power to play around with and a great aftermarket
>>
File: 1493416385636.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493416385636.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>17419352
Also is there a specific reason why you want a 240sx?
>Like the way they look and heard they were cheap hoon machines good for first timers, simple as that. Like i said i think i missed the boat on them.

I mean what do you plan to do with whatever engine swapped rwd car?
>daily driver that i can have fun with. you said fun to hoon and that's what i'm after. As far as drifting goes not particularly, maybe i'd give it a try in the future not sure.

Currently a student working full time. I do school online and my work is a 10 minute commute.
>>
>>17419697
honestly you are better off with miata.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.