[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lincoln is popular in China and the middle East. Why isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: E_a3a45c3b-eimage_story.jpg (49KB, 580x380px) Image search: [Google]
E_a3a45c3b-eimage_story.jpg
49KB, 580x380px
Lincoln is popular in China and the middle East. Why isn't it so in America?
>>
>>17412163
because cars are racist, transphobic and sexist
>>
Fuck off, Lincoln shill.
>>
File: serveimage-67.jpg (77KB, 1024x662px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-67.jpg
77KB, 1024x662px
The war of Northern Aggression.
>>
Lincoln is marketed towards boomers and anyone else above the age of 60.
>>
I wish they'd go back to the angel wing grilles. Those were so fucking sexy.
>>
>>17412515
Don't worry, they'll find another design to steal soon enough.
>>
File: 4L_7GavYl6g.jpg (21KB, 429x262px) Image search: [Google]
4L_7GavYl6g.jpg
21KB, 429x262px
>>17412515
Agree. New look is fine but generic. The split grills looked terrible on some stuff (eg the MKT) but I really liked it on the MKX and MKZ.
>>
File: lincoln-mkz-red-4.jpg (211KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lincoln-mkz-red-4.jpg
211KB, 1600x1200px
>>17412515
They finally get the split-grille to look decent, and they kill it off for a bland and inoffensive design that is a mix of every other luxury brand out there. But I figure Lincoln did this by taking a page out of the old Lexus playbook, where inoffensive sells and slowly builds a consumer base. Eventually you have enough loyal buyers that you can say fuck it and go 100% swoopy predator across your entire lineup.
>>
>>17412583
Have Lexus sales not suffered from the predator styling they've been going for? I would assume so.
>>
File: LexusSales.png (17KB, 220x618px) Image search: [Google]
LexusSales.png
17KB, 220x618px
>>17412597
Lexus sales are at an all time high.
>>
>>17412623
>Lexus sales are at an all time high.

Are you sure? It looks like their unit sales (which should go up every year) was higher in 2015; and their market share (which should also go up each year) was higher in 2009.
>>
>>17412639
I think the luxury market is much more competitive than it was in '09, but it seems Lexus for the most part has held out pretty even. It does beg the question though of how much stronger would they be with more tame designs vs what they have now. Their average buyer age has decreased too I believe.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>17412677
>Their average buyer age has decreased too

This would seem to be the most important. You need younger customers to become repeat customers and spread word of mouth.
The youth don't like boring.

Plus the new styling helps differentiate Lexus from people like Lincoln, Buick and pic related who are blatantly copying their old playbook as already previously mentioned.
>>
>>17412583
>They finally get the split-grille to look decent, and they kill it off for a bland and inoffensive design that is a mix of every other luxury brand out there
Tell me about it. At first I was like wtf and then I found out it was an adaptation of the V12 Lincoln Zephyr grille and even though it was a generation too far back to have real relevance to today's buyers I was ok with it. It took a few model years but it finally looked good and was a nice signature style for a brand that desperately needs one.

The Continental grille was ok. On that car. Then they went and spread it across the line, blunting both the impact of the Continental and any cachet the split grille had developed. Way to go Lincoln.
>>
File: e20.png (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
75KB, 600x600px
>spend a decade and a half selling re-badged Fords at a $20,000 markup
>surprised when the turnaround doesn't happen immediately
>>
Buick is also big in Asia but everyone here ignores them also. Everyone just wants stuff from another country because it's "exotic" or something to them.

When I was visiting Ireland I saw young people there un-ironically buying Coors Light.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.