[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you consent to an impromptu vehicle inspection? https

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Would you consent to an impromptu vehicle inspection?

https://youtu.be/dU0bru8SJdE

pic unrelated
>>
Of course. The government is your friend.

Only LOLbertarians and "sovereign citizens" wouldn't consent to a search of their property.
>>
I've learned that any video like this is by default 1000% the fault of the retarded person behind the camera and the cop is often extremely by the book and conservative with how they handle the situation. I'm not even gonna bother watching
>>
>>17410250
Depends. There is nothing wrong with my car and it has no illegal mods. If I was in California or Australia though, no thanks. CARB is the dumbest shit ever, for example the 04ish Mustang GT Vortech supercharger kit is CARB legal on a Mustang, but not on a Crown Vic despite being the same fucking engine only because Vortech didn't pay the CARB jews to certify it for the Crown Vic too.

Australia requires a engineers certificate for extensive modifications like engine swaps. I don't have experience with them being a burger but I bet they're not cheap.
>>
>>17410410
>australia requires a engineers certificate for extensive modifications like engine swaps
Jesus christ, every time I think I've discovered everything horrible about australia, I find something even dumber. No guns, no nerf, and the government regulating shit you can do at home with half a brain. Australia truly is a shithole.
>>
>>17410250
Why should I? What's in it for me? What if I don't?

I have nothing to hide but my shame at the interior I haven't gotten around to cleaning in months.
>>
>>17410410
>>17410514

Australia sounds awful
>>
Sure, it gets inspected every two years anyway. Worst case I get a fix-it ticket for worn down rear brake pads because something's squealing when I brake to a halt and accelerate from a halt and it can't be the front brakes which I've only changed out last year.
>>
File: 1348642053247.jpg (210KB, 921x691px) Image search: [Google]
1348642053247.jpg
210KB, 921x691px
>>17410514
>shit you can do at home with half a brain
I think you're expecting too much from the general populace here. If people modify cars as careless as they drive them, you should be pretty scared.

The extent of inspections is always a matter of debate, and rightfully so, but in general there's nothing inherently wrong with getting homemade modifications, especially custom fabrication, checked by a professional before letting you loose on public roads.
>>
>>17410574
I love watching ricers rage when they're fined for their shitty unsafe modifications. It's more amusing watching them kill themselves from things like eBay ball joints snapping during a hooning session and the like but I'll take the police/DMV keeping them in check in lieu of the former.
>>
>>17410250
i believe in keeping my cars savage free so yes. just saves me crawling under there once and a while to look for worn out shit
>>
>>17410514
Hey! it doesn't need certification if the car originally came with the engine.
>>
>>17410410
Getting them is a pain but once you do it's not so bad unless you let rego expire. Then you have to get them approved again.

>>17410514
Not only that but there's a nice list of rules that need to be followed or the state won't approve.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.