[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people complain so much about self driving, boring electric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 911_959.jpg (33KB, 648x486px) Image search: [Google]
911_959.jpg
33KB, 648x486px
Why people complain so much about self driving, boring electric cars?

I'd give away my commuter car if i could just sit in a random battery-powered tub and just wait to be delivered at my job. I could keep a sports car, just for track use, and use it more often maybe. Usually, people who complain about these are the same guys who think their riced hatchback is a "racekar".
Using sports cars on the road is always something kind of silly, it makes no sense to put anyone's life in danget because you like do drive fast thru corners. Also, you'd probably get to your destination faster if every car on the road was automated, since then you would have way less stop signs and way less retardeds using Snapchat while they drive.
It's a win-win cenario, in my opinion. What do you think, /o/?
>>
>I hate fun
>>
The instant self-driving cars become standard, it will be the end of auto culture as we know it today. Think about it - there are thousands of examples of sports cars that you can personally own and drive and take parts from specifically because people who aren't into really performance driving still want to own a cool thing. When that disappears, and it will, you'll have to custom fabricate parts for pretty much any performance car that's still around because you won't be able to hit up craigslist and find a parts car anymore.
The future of owning performance cars will go back to what it was in the early 20th century - owned almost exclusively by the rich and famous, with no room for enjoyment for us plebs.
>>
reminder that the fastest vehicle on the planet is the model s
>>
File: gtr interior.jpg (64KB, 855x569px) Image search: [Google]
gtr interior.jpg
64KB, 855x569px
I spend most of my life with my eyes glued to a screen. Go to work, look at my office computer. Have lunch, look at my phone. Eat supper, watch TV. Spend the rest of your night on the computer. Repeat.

The drive should be a break from these things, not a continuation.
>>
>>17406405
>I hate fun
I like fun, but driving on monday in a clusterfuck of traffic isn't my definition of fun tho.
>>17406407
>The future of owning performance cars will go back to what it was in the early 20th century - owned almost exclusively by the rich and famous, with no room for enjoyment for us plebs.

But that's the reality of most countries outside of the US tho.
I don't take my riced POS to the street, it gets shit mileage and isn't really confortable. Why wouldn't i kill the nuissance of driving on weekdays?

>>17406415
I feel you, anon. That'd be kind of true if i didn't lived in a very populated city, where traffic is slow as shit on a daily basis.
>>
>>17406389
>need to maintain and store two cars

Nobody drives a hothatch because they want to, you need one car that gets decent MPGs, has lots of space, and is fun. Yeah, I would rather have an electric car, a truck, and a coupe, but that's not gonna happen faglord.
>>
>>17406389
commuters and normies are ruining cars anyway
I'm chill if the self driving somehow don't make traffic worse by glitching out like genocidal trolley problem
>>
>>17406424
>But that's the reality of most countries outside of the US tho.
>I don't take my riced POS to the street, it gets shit mileage and isn't really confortable. Why wouldn't i kill the nuissance of driving on weekdays?
You don't get it. 20 years from now, you won't even be able to maintain that riced POS because there won't be the parts available for it. You'll have two groups of people who own cars rather than just getting a self-driver to come up to their house: collectors with a few cars in good shape and junkyards with fucktons of cars that are possibly not even worth grabbing parts off of. The number of road-ready cars worth buying will go down drastically because the number of people who need road-ready cars will go down drastically.
You'll basically have people buying new kit cars to track and then hoping the company who makes them doesn't go out of business because, if they do, you won't be able to find parts for them. That's the end of car culture for most people.
>>
>>17406424
>I like fun, but driving on monday in a clusterfuck of traffic isn't my definition of fun tho.
Maybe you need a better commute
>>
OP you're just a faggot. Your father was correct, I'm sorry.
>>
>>17406447
But i wouldn't feel any need for a Road-ready sports car if the track was more acessible, due to the rise in the demand for track use, since people don't manually drive on the street anymore.

>>17406450
I sure as fuck do. Somedays, if it's raining, it's faster to just take the subway. It's that bad.
>>
>>17406460
When I say road-ready, I mean cars that are driveable. Cars you can start up and drive, whether it be on the open road or on tracks. There's not going to be a massive boom in track cars that will make up for the loss of regular cars being done for, you will lose the ability to cheaply own a car for track use or any other use. Most enthusiasts will be priced out of owning a car.
>>
File: 1309076387162.jpg (913KB, 2496x1664px) Image search: [Google]
1309076387162.jpg
913KB, 2496x1664px
don't lose to AI.
no computer can drive better than me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.