[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ausfag moving to the US (LA sadly) I want to buy a manual transmission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Ausfag moving to the US (LA sadly)
I want to buy a manual transmission V8 under 15k but they seem to be very hard to come by without going to a 20 year old shitbox
do I have any decent options?
I currently have a 6ltr LS2 powered holden ute and wanted to have something similar (sadly not a ute though)
>>
>>17397413
Utebrah? Why you moving to the US? Lucky motherfucker.

Anyway, you're better off getting an auto if you're going to be living in LA, you'll regret getting a manual in that traffic. If you must though, you should be able to find a C5 Corvette for around that mark. Or perhaps an S197 Mustang.

Also, hope you like slaying pussy because you've got a lot of it coming your way.
>>
>>17397424
This. Anything US domestic like GM or Ford will be up your alley. Parts are cheap, and the cars are cheap. But they got a V8, Lots of cheap mustangs can be bought as well.
>>
File: 5266282f.jpg (114KB, 799x596px) Image search: [Google]
5266282f.jpg
114KB, 799x596px
>>17397413
you want similar?

nothing more similar than a 2005-2006 gto
you can find them for around 15k easy.
its just a monaro vxr if thats more relevant.
>>
>>17397480
Oh fuck I forgot about the Australian exports
A GTO is perfect if I can find one in decent condition/price
>>
>>17397556
my pal just bought one with 67k for 12 or so i believe
other than the front bushings everything was perfect
they are definitly built better than your standard gm coupe like the camaro

also i mean its fast, his car is stock and when ever we go trolling the interstate ill watch him race new (stock) gt's and older camaros and keep on them dead.

also its a ls2 c6 by anyother name, anything you could do to a corvette motor you can do to this, cam,heads,intake on these things are magical.
>>
>>17397413
>>17397556
http://lefthandutes.com/

also if youre still here and get rich
>>
>>17397583
Dont worry thats the end game :D
>>17397424
Father is a US citizen and ive wanted too for a while now, hes not getting younger and im closer to him than the rest of my family
>>
>>17397413
>20 year old shitbox
20 years ago in the US, the SUV craze was in full swing, and the gas crunch followed a little bit after that. So yes, you might have a hard time finding much between the late-model V8 cars and those that went out of style 20 years ago.

As mentioned, you might be able to find a GTO or Mustang, or maybe a fourth-gen Camaro (up to 2002), or an older Corvette.

Other options would be a Dodge Charger/Magnum, maybe even a V8 Challenger if you can find an early one in your price range. That is, if you're willing to put up with FCA.

Chevy SS is another Australian import, but those are still too new to be in your price range unfortunately.

>>17397424
>you're better off getting an auto if you're going to be living in LA, you'll regret getting a manual in that traffic.
If I can DD an underpowered manual shitbox in Los Angeles, I'm sure OP can idle a manual V8 in LA traffic. Git gud fgt.
>>
>>17397413
LA is the best part of America...

WTF cunt?
>>
>>17397413
If it's under 15k as in you have that kind of cash, I'm dead serious when I say pick yourself up an El Camino or Ranchero of whatever year you want, LS swap or crate motor swap it, and enjoy the fuck out of it.
>>
>>17397413
>(LA sadly)
Sadly indeed. Have fun with the manual in traffic. It's only getting more and more crowded every year.
>>
File: C93DaZuWAAAoHhr.png (145KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
C93DaZuWAAAoHhr.png
145KB, 1200x801px
>>17397705
Riiiighhhht commiefornia
>>
>>17397424
>lucky
>moving to liberal spic land of traffic and absurd prices
LOL
>>
>>17397413
V8 s4
>>
>>17399025
Sorry to be part of the problem mate, goal is to get my citizenship under him then move to the country
>>
>>17397413
thats not an ls2 ute unless its a maloo
>>
>>17401865
Its an L98, but its much easier to say LS2 as the L98/L77 is basically the Australian equivalent with slight mods
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.