[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was putting new transmission fluid in my car last night (01 Dodge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: mikeyB.jpg (693KB, 1656x2500px) Image search: [Google]
mikeyB.jpg
693KB, 1656x2500px
Was putting new transmission fluid in my car last night (01 Dodge Neon). The first two quarts were the 4+ stuff or whatever its supposed to be but after we realized we needed one more quart the auto store was already closed and we had to settle on a bottle of generic stuff from 7/11. The car got home fine but will it cause any issues? I have no idea what the differences between different fluids are, I just don't want it to bust my car.

pic related is my general knowledge of cars
>>
>>17395976
If it's one quart don't worry about it, but for reasons like this always buy one more quart than you think you'll need. If you don't end up using it you could just return it.
>>
>>17396063
Yeah, it was stupid not to buy enough, it won't hurt it though? Whats the difference between the various kinds?
>>
>>17396073
Additives, boiling points, hydraulic resistances, and viscocities. Engineering aside, it's like the differences in motor oil each Tranny is different.
>>
>>17396073
What's more important is knowing when to do a flush vs a fluid change. Other than that you'll be fine
>>
>>17396116
>>17396108
So I'm fine to leave it in?
>>
>>17396239
Yeah you're fine
>>
>>17395976
>4+
That stuff is a dangerous, damaging, low viscosity hell-scam. Stay the fuck away.
>>
>>17396263
Why does everything say my car needs it then?
>>
>>17396265
It was only a quart you'll be fine, you shouldn't mix alcohol,but if you had some tequila with your beer your liver won't explode.

>>17396108
>>17396116
Anon's right just chill
>>
>>17396239
It's an 01 dodge neon. That should answer your question.
>>
File: fucked up car.jpg (171KB, 1430x1905px) Image search: [Google]
fucked up car.jpg
171KB, 1430x1905px
Dollar General got sued over the shit motor oil they sell. Transmissions are FAR more sensitive to fluid than any engine is. The wrong fluid can completely FUCK a transmission over. And newer cars are far more sensitive than back in the days where you had two choices: Type F or Dexron II.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/06/06/lawsuit-dollar-general-sold-obsolete-motor-oil/375205001/

Me? In my cars, I only use OEM ATF. I don't even trust shit from Valvoline, Castrol, Pennzoil, etc,, let alone shit that 7-11 sells. Getting the *correct* ATF from the dealer costs $30. A new tranny costs $3000. I did the math, I'll spend the extra $15 on every transmission fluid change.
>>
it should be fine

former neon owner and i'd make a joke that dodge transmissions dont last longer than 150k miles anyway

but lol the neons are pretty good at not dying even if you actively try to killit. the rear drum brake explodes just before 100k miles and there will be electrical issues but itll always shift into gear with atf

i used to do deliveries in a couple neons. even in a blizzard. they are shitboxes but you can crash them all day and they tend to keep going somehow..ive bought like 3 on craigslsit cause you can talk ppl down to mitsubishi gallant prices.

be sure to pull the handbrake and powerslide that bitch around. the way the back end sticks up on them makes them surprisingly fun for front wheel drive shitboxes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.