[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good deal, /o/? https://denver.craigslist.org/cto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 00f0f_kA7eY0yBAnb_1200x900.jpg (107KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
00f0f_kA7eY0yBAnb_1200x900.jpg
107KB, 675x900px
Is this a good deal, /o/?

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6181144837.html
>>
Yes that's a good deal.
>>
3kgt is never a good deal
>>
Good deal for a polish and flip
>>
"The red one the engine started smoking the last time my son drove it. The blue one might be the fuel pump but we're not exactly sure what's wrong with it. The red one has some rear end damage and there may be other things wrong with them that we're not aware of."

What's the best case and worst case scenario here? What should I look for when I go look at them?
>>
>>17387845
No. Salvage titled cars are worthless.
>>
Honestly, yes. I know /o/ will say how these are the least reliable cars of all tome, but they aren't.
Truth is they were advanced for their time, and a lot of them have been beat on most of their lives (like most STIs)
But you are buying 2 non working cars, hoping to put 5k into 1 of them to have a single working car worth maybe 7k.
>>
Stop asking if 3000GTs are a good deal. They're not a good deal. They were never a good deal. They will never be a good deal.

>>17387878
This.
>>
one last bump before letting it die.

What am I getting myself into?
>>
>>17388951
A very interesting project car
>>
Good deal for the seller if someone pays him to clean that trash off his driveway
>>
>>17388222

But they are extremely unreliable though..

The paint is shit, because mitsubishi cant into clearcoat.

The electronics are shit; the electrolytic Capacitors inside the ECU and Climate control module leak fluid and can possibly burn out the module requiring either a new ECU/Climate control system PCB.

The car was loaded with unnecessary electronics (active aero, electronically controlled suspension, electronic exhaust cutouts) that cause tons of electrical gremlins

The transmission synchros go bad at an accelerated pace, and are extremely hard to find/source good replacements. If the viscous center diff ever goes, it will leak its fluid into the trans, causing damage.

The early model 18 spline transfer cases are made of glass and a few hard launches will destroy either the cast aluminum front housing or the output shaft. If that isnt bad enough, the transfer cases (18 AND 25 spline) have an issue with fluid retention and can lock up. If that ever happens, good luck getting a tow anywhere. 6 speed transmissions can crack their bellhousings launching over 5000rpms.

The 6g72 has horrible lifter noise that is inevitable and even after changing lifters, will not go away.
>>
File: 20170111_204419_1484199848216.jpg (179KB, 892x1584px) Image search: [Google]
20170111_204419_1484199848216.jpg
179KB, 892x1584px
>>17389214
Friend of mine had an 18 spline. He did get a solid couple months of beating the piss out of it and idk how the previous owner treated it but pic very related
>>
File: deal.jpg (81KB, 1027x715px) Image search: [Google]
deal.jpg
81KB, 1027x715px
just pick this one up silly
>>
>>17390305
>for the low, low price of a McLaren F1, you, too, could own a Mitsubishi
>>
>>17390383
i can't believe it only costs 5 Koenigsegg Regeras. what a steal
>>
File: file.png (821KB, 731x504px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
821KB, 731x504px
>>17389214
Does the 3KGT make the Yugo look like a Camry by comparison?
>>
>>17390227

lmao what a clean break.

For awhile i was looking to pick up a dodge stealth tt - i think they look the tits, and can get you into that 90s japanese supercar territory for cheap, but after browsing 3si and other forums for a few weeks i decided against it due to the amount of driveline issues the car suffers from.
>>
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/6156835485.html
not op, what about this? also it's in Canada and I'm us so I get 25% cheaper because exchange rate
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.