[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a semi-luxury sports coupe under 22k USD no older

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Audi+BMW+Mercedes.jpg (36KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Audi+BMW+Mercedes.jpg
36KB, 620x349px
Looking for a semi-luxury sports coupe under 22k USD no older than 10 years with sub-70k miles and these 3 seem to fit the bill the best, just looking for some opinions before I test drive in a couple weeks. They also have very similar reviews and specs (60 in under 5), and most of the differences appear to come from small details or personal preferences.
335i: Most visually appealing to me, but you see 3-series everywhere and I'm not exactly BMWs biggest fan for really stupid reasons that shouldn't prevent me from purchasing a car. The 2013's are all in my price range, making them the most "recent" of the bunch, and also have the lowest miles (seeing them with 20-40k miles). The confusing thing to me is that people say "just spend another couple grand and get an M3" but when I look around, the only M3's within a 200 mile radius under 28k (more than my budget) are 5+ years older, have 120k+ miles, and just don't look well taken care of.
e550: Second in looks for me. Seems to be the middle man between the other 2. Not many thoughts, but I've always like Mercs. Can get these between '10-'11 for the price.
s5 4.2: Gotta have the v8 in this one. Probably my favorite interior just looking at it, looks more like a young persons car (I'm 27) and the front end is gorgeous. But I hatehatehate the rear of this car. Idk why. Can get these in '10-'12 for the price.
Anyone have other thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I'm also playing with the idea of an 08+ LS3 c6 Vette and was surprised to see those in my price range, definitely faster than the others listed above but would be the oldest of the bunch and I would feel more pressure to modify it (more $$) when I'm trying to get something semi quick for getting around traffic but not inclined to dump 10 grand in performance parts. My current daily has been a '91 LS swapped foxbody Mustang for the past 2 years. Love the car, but it's time for an upgrade.
Not interested in: Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, Z's, 86/BRZ's, Miatas, etc.
>>
>>17386913
>s5 4.2: Gotta have the v8 in this one.
Timing chain guides say no. Supercharged V6 is a much more reliable option.
>>
File: 2015-Cadillac-ATS-side-profile.jpg (1MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2015-Cadillac-ATS-side-profile.jpg
1MB, 2048x1360px
>>
>>17386913
FUCK the formatting got fucked. My bad.

Looking for a semi-luxury sports coupe under 22k USD no older than 10 years with sub-70k miles and these 3 seem to fit the bill the best, just looking for some opinions before I test drive in a couple weeks. They also have very similar reviews and specs (60 in under 5), and most of the differences appear to come from small details or personal preferences.

335i: Most visually appealing to me, but you see 3-series everywhere and I'm not exactly BMWs biggest fan for really stupid reasons that shouldn't prevent me from purchasing a car. The 2013's are all in my price range, making them the most "recent" of the bunch, and also have the lowest miles (seeing them with 20-40k miles). The confusing thing to me is that people say "just spend another couple grand and get an M3" but when I look around, the only M3's within a 200 mile radius under 28k (more than my budget) are 5+ years older, have 120k+ miles, and just don't look well taken care of.

e550: Second in looks for me. Seems to be the middle man between the other 2. Not many thoughts, but I've always like Mercs. Can get these between '10-'11 for the price.

s5 4.2: Gotta have the v8 in this one. Probably my favorite interior just looking at it, looks more like a young persons car (I'm 27) and the front end is gorgeous. But I hatehatehate the rear of this car. Idk why. Can get these in '10-'12 for the price.

Anyone have other thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? I'm also playing with the idea of an 08+ LS3 c6 Vette and was surprised to see those in my price range, definitely faster than the others listed above but would be the oldest of the bunch and I would feel more pressure to modify it (more $$) when I'm trying to get something semi quick for getting around traffic but not inclined to dump 10 grand in performance parts. My current daily has been a '91 LS swapped foxbody Mustang for the past 2 years. Love the car, but it's time for an upgrade.
>>
>>17386932
You know, I like Cadillacs too, and I was considering a newer 2015+ ATS, but they're a little slower than the others mentioned above. But for the price, considering they're newer, I'll probably test drive one anyway while I'm out.
>>
>>17386932
Also, do they sell these as coupes in the states? Don't thing I've seen one.
>>
>>17386950
Yes they do
>>
>>17386913
Plz don't buy a used German car. Thought it was a meme..After owning two, i have realised Lexus or Infiniti would have been a much better choice if you want semi-luxury and sportiness.
>>
>>17387222
I don't know anything about Lexus, and I believe Infinitis only option is the G37 at the moment? What would be the comparable purchase from these manufacturers for this price?
>>
>>17387284
Infiniti has g37 which has been renamed to Q60 for newer years. Great car all around

Lexus has Rc coupe which may not be in your budget because it's newer. Turbo 4, v6 and v8 options on it
>>
>>17387222
Lmao how wrong are you
OP just buy an e55 amg
>>
vw phaeton
>>
File: IMG_0739.jpg (331KB, 1920x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0739.jpg
331KB, 1920x990px
>>17387747
>>
>>17386913
The bmw will be the most sporty. The Mercedes will be the comfiest and fastest. The audi might have the best interior but it's an understeering pig.

>>17386923
The timing chain isn't a problem on that engine. Only carbon buildup. The newer 4.2 isn't the same as the old 4.2.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.